• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

olympic top-hat roof rack

i like the design but iwant a closer look at the side rails to see if they are "poser" bars or will actually stand up to some rubbing on trees and such... i have folded my drip edge down twice now and i could use some protection..

olympic4x4tech said:
wheres is it going to be shipped to? We have vastly imporved it since that photo was taken, however you cannot tell it changed from that photo.

Can you post a more recent photo or describe the improvements?
I'm interested in this as well.

well the bottom cross bar rack is now a 4 piece design, which meens that you are able to have different sized baskets on the top. The basket also ties into the cross bars in 6 places. The rain gutter mounts are 4" wide in order to disperse the load. The bottom of the rack sits only 1/2" from the top of a OEM roof rack. You do not have to remove your OEM roof rack. It has a total of 10 eyebolts instead of 8.

When are you guys at olympic going to get more racks sent into quadratec. I ordered mine and its still on backorder. I'm getting really anxious waiting for it, looks good in the pics. On the shipping and handling I only paid $22, and i only got the rack. Thanks for the info.

Yep, I have a friend who ordered one from Quadratec in APRIL, and still has not received it... not sure what the deal is, but I think that's a little outrageous. He's been calling and calling, and they keep telling him it's on backorder.

It would help if you friend called us instead of quadratec. They are shipped directly from us. 38 of them were shipped out last week. I have only personally heard from 4 people about when their shipment would go out. One reason for delay is that they went through massive design changes which finished last month. This was after the rack was tested in JV, moab, and PNW. The vast improvements were done before customers received their racks in order to ensure that you would be happy with the product.

As for that shipping price you got a great deal since the package weights 98lbs.

If anyone needs tracking info PM me or call 800-777-0878

Erik H.

Quadratec charged my CC over the weekend, and now list the status as "In the warehouse". When they say "shipped", I'll PM you for a tracking #, Erik. Thanks!

It feels like Christmas. :D

Back