• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

modays suck....

Ted Z

NAXJA Forum User
Brokejeep.jpg

Tell me about it... last august same corner of the jeep....

it was raining and some lady in a stratus slammed on the brakes for a yellow light.....

I feel for ya,

I had the same thing happen a couple years ago. Old lady signals turning right, starts to make the turn and stops as the light turns yellow! No one in sight but stops none the less. Couldn't stop in time with the old POS Goodyear GSA Grrrrrr

yeah, i launched that stratus about 25 feet into the intersection....

All the little white pieces near my cowl are pieces of her back window!

so who was "officially" at fault. Ive noticed it really all depends on the situation. I was in the Masters Golf traffic, and some dumbass 2 cars up slammed on brakes for a yellow, i ended up hiting the guy in front of me. But no one was officially at fault(no one got a ticket). I was driving an s-10 at the time....over 10 years old, insurance totaled it even though it could be fixed. I had hit what i think was a 70's tank truck(another chevy i think).....no damage. They don't build em like they used to.

My neighbor backed into mine in the same spot as yours. Mustang- $1500 damage, Jeep- scratched paint. HD bumpers help a lot.

RR3

My sister in law backed into my front right fender with her santa fei?...put a dent in it. Now she says its partly my fault for parking behind her....still trying to get her to pay the damages. She never admitted to doing it, I HAD to confront her about it.

I sold my ARB bumper a couple months ago.... Needed $$ and i am getting ready to build my own winch bumper......

I am gonna fix it myself, a friend is parting out a 89-90..
Insurance is gonna cut me a check.

And i was put at fault cuz they always write a ticket in that city for an accident....

Not to start anything....but...no one has said it yet....mud tires + rain + speed = wreck. Increase your interval, slow down. Sorry man, I know it sucks, but the fact remains that mud tires are lousey in the rain, I drive like a old lady in mine when it rains.

Don't get pissed, just had to say it.

Hope it works out, and she don't sue ya.

Rev

Not just that, but i was behind a box truck and changed lanes to go around him and she was in process of slamming on the brakes... Too late at that point even if it was dry pavement i might have hit her...just not as hard.

same here....hope she don't sue...last thing i need... She pulls that and i'm filing bankruptcy........will not rant, will not rant, will not rant (about everybody suing everybody anymore over everything)

im guessing they cut you a check and take it??? if not, scrap on here!

You can buy the wreck back from the insurance co for a percentage of the check they would cut you( in Florida). Keep on them about wanting your xj. Dont give up. Insist that it is repairable and you want a clean clear title(or at least a rebuilt or rebuildable title). I've got a little used car lot here in Florida and you have to dog the insurance co to get what you want. I deal with them a lot. Dont win much. But the object hear isnt so much to get the money from them but keep your jeep. Talk to managers if the pawns dont seem receptive. Kill em with kindness. Rem they are used to people being pissed at them. You can do it. Good luck. T.

Back