• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy Vibes, any thoughts?

I am experiencing heavy vibes under hard acceleration or load. It is not evident under light acceleration. I have a 2"BB with skyjacker x-fer drop. I have been running this setup for a while with no vibes... now it's suddenly there, i didn't think it's the driveshaft but it could be. I know i need to replace my upper? ball joints, or is it lower? not sure if this would have an effect on it, but the feeling seems to be similar to when i hit bumps and feel a knocking from under the front. I also need to replace the bushings on the front track bar. any thoughts are welcome, i just need a little guidance. Thanks.

JeepinAudiophile said:
I am experiencing heavy vibes under hard acceleration or load. It is not evident under light acceleration. I have a 2"BB with skyjacker x-fer drop. I have been running this setup for a while with no vibes... now it's suddenly there, i didn't think it's the driveshaft but it could be. I know i need to replace my upper? ball joints, or is it lower? not sure if this would have an effect on it, but the feeling seems to be similar to when i hit bumps and feel a knocking from under the front. I also need to replace the bushings on the front track bar. any thoughts are welcome, i just need a little guidance. Thanks.

I'm willing to bet $$ that you got axle wrap. Have someone stand on the side and look if your axle gets rotated upwards. This is probably caused by the fact that your leaf pack started to tire out and sag and this is the end result.

thanks guys, i'll check that out today...

Back