• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Answer Quick!!!

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished my BB and it looks great. My front tires are out of center, just like it is supposed to be after the BB. I have a RE adjustable track bar but haven't installed it yet. I am going for new tires and an alignment tomorrow. Do I need to install the new track bar before the alignment? I won't have time tomorrow to do it before the tires, so I would have to do it tonight. Second, how does one install the track bar solo? HELP ME PLEASE!!!! :worship:

Urban Redneck said:
Just finished my BB and it looks great. My front tires are out of center, just like it is supposed to be after the BB. I have a RE adjustable track bar but haven't installed it yet. I am going for new tires and an alignment tomorrow. Do I need to install the new track bar before the alignment? I won't have time tomorrow to do it before the tires, so I would have to do it tonight. Second, how does one install the track bar solo? HELP ME PLEASE!!!! :worship:

YES ! install the trac bar before you move that Jeep.

Do you have anyone that can turn the steering wheel? Neighbor, wife, someone walking down the street?

If you do, install the axle side of the tracbar first.

Get underneath and have someone SLOWLY turn the steering wheel back and forth until the frame end lines up.. the whole Jeep will move...dont worry
(have a mallet or something handy to whack it into place if necessary, and for gods sake be careful)

If it needs adjustment repeat the process. until you get it right.

You will need to put the tracbar on before the inspection because they will need to align it up for you. All you need to do for now is just get it close. It shouldn't be a big deal to do it solo. Like I said, you just need to get it on the Jeep. The place you take it to will adjust it.

You should do the trackbar first. it's a pretty straightforward deal. Unbolt the old one, then make certain that the bolts on the upper bracket are tight!!! Now install the lower end and leave it slightly loose. Rock the front end side to side by pushing on a fender. After a few times it will center itself. you may wish to measure from the outside edge of the tire upward(with a 4' level perhaps) and over to the fender to see if the axle is centered under the body. When you have it close install the upper end of the track bar and tighten everything down. Now go get it aligned. The whole process should take you no more than 1/2 hr if you get the upper mount loose easily. Pickle fork will help if it's sticky. HTH

Quick enough for ya?

2 ways to do it in 12 mins...

Back