• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Alignment Specs/ Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pressurerat

NAXJA Forum User
What are the magic numbers as far as alignment settings for my '92 4X4?
I am going to get the alignment done soon and want to see what is recomended here and why it differs from the 'factory' specs. My ride is bone stock with the exception of 235/75/15 tires. In fact, what are stock specs supposed to be? Why are the 'new' specs better than factory? I have been a jeeper for life (Had many CJs,Wranglers, an FSJ,etc) but this is my first XJ and I am trying learn all of its 'tricks'. I already tightened the track bar bolts and personally rotated and balanced the tires to get rid of a shimmy that wont go away(that happens at 55mph). I have never had a vehicle to react so adversely to a balance issue which makes me suspect there is more to the problem. When I tightened up the track bar the front end is tighter but the alignment is way off now and the steering wheel is crooked. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well. I love my Cherokee and need to work out the bugs, the alignment and 55mph mystery shimmy being the last two items on my long list.
:gee:

Your XJ is stock, so this question does not belong on the Modified forum.

Also, you already posted it on the OEM Forum (where it belongs). Please do not post the same question on multiple forums. Aside from being rude, it only dilutes and confuses the answers.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back