• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody with a rustys 4.5 inch lift

MoulderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im currently have a rough country setup under my 99 cherokee. I am switching over to a rustys 4.5 incher. my question is how much net lift is accomplished with the 4.5 inch package from rustys? I have heard some people say 4....4.5.....or 5. Also, besides the new driveshaft, what else will have to be done? I know there are always hidden costs when lifting a vehicle. THanks.

MoulderXJ said:
Im currently have a rough country setup under my 99 cherokee. I am switching over to a rustys 4.5 incher. my question is how much net lift is accomplished with the 4.5 inch package from rustys? I have heard some people say 4....4.5.....or 5. Also, besides the new driveshaft, what else will have to be done? I know there are always hidden costs when lifting a vehicle. THanks.
i have the rusty`s 3" under my 99 classic.......this lift netted 3" up front and about 4 1/4" in the rear after settling in over a month and 1000 miles.......i have a pair of 1 3/4" spacers i plan to use up front to level it out.........i will have to go with the sye and driveshaft as i have shimmed my rear and dropped the tran. and still have a few vibrations....if i was starting over .......looking for 4 1/2" i would probably go with the 4 1/2" front and the 3" rear from rusty`s and see how level it comes out......then if you need an extra 1/2" you can go with a shackle which will help your pinion angle for the sye(you might as well plan on it) and driveshaft...good luck

His heavy duty rear 3" packs take a whole lot of weight to sit at 3". I'm still netting ~4.5 maybe more in the back. Those heavy duty packs are too heavy duty and stiff. My bumper ways like 65 lbs and a 31 in the back too plus some other crap. The ride is a little harsh.

I have a MJ so the front would be the same but the back is a SOA. Additionaly, I had an old 3 inch lift before I but the 4.5 lift on.

BUT the net difference in the front was 3 inches. So the bottom line I is that I got more than the 4.5 but ............................ :gonnablow

So you can trim a little or a lot of metal to get your tires on.

With a 4.5" recommend 32s

With a 6" recommend 33s or lots more triming and upgrading to go to 35s.

i put the rustys 4.5 lift on mine and never bought the sye and woody till about 2 years later because i never had vibration . i wheeled it pretty hard 2. ive been to paragon a couple times and around my area. some pretty hard trails.until 2003 jeep show in york, pa i was doing the rock section w/31 tires and the slip yoke fell out. then i smashed the X-member. it was a good day. still have the same lift, cut the fenders and put 33's under it. get the xtended shackles w/ the leaf pack.
f9bfd091.jpg

PS: go with the rubicon express its a little more but gives you more stuff too like longer brake lines which you will need.
HTH

I got the rustys 4.5 leafs out back and they netted 5 inches. After 8 months theyve settled down about a quarter inch and the passenger side is sagging a hair.

Mike

Back