• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle clunk

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I have a clunck in my front end while in 4 wheel drive. It doesn't feel like it is in the transfer case. I can't feel it thru the Trans case Handle. I replaced all the front u-joints last year. The axles and gears are all stock. I have 31" TSL Swampers all the way around, I had them staggered on my last rotation. I had it before , but new u-joints took care of it. I should include that I don't have my sway bars on so my tires are worn unevenly. Also a 4" trailmaster lift. I'm assuming it is some kind of binding going on. It does it every other block or so. We are having a pretty cold winter here , could that be part of it ?

Any help would be appreciated ! :repair:

Thanks !

http://myweb.cableone.net/cherokeexj/

Take out your front driveshaft and take it for a spin.
I'll wager its time for a rebuild of that double cardan joint and ujoints.
Good luck.

That would be the same thing as the slip yolk isn't it ? I have a couple friends that probably have spare ones laying around because they have upgraded theirs after putting 6" and 8" lifts. :yap:

:eyes:

I found what your talking about. Is it the same thing as a CV joint ? It feels and sounds more like it is up front around the differential. I changed the axle u-joints last time. Maybe it is the driveline/diff u-joints. Probably ! I'm thinkin I better plan on replacing the CV soon too. It looks pretty old and covered in crap from wheelin.
Thanks !

Back