• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar placement question

XJoachim

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of finishing my XJ buildup (D60 front/D 70 rear) and i have a question about placement of the track bar bracket on the axle.

aam.jpg

As you can see i have a hi-steer setup on my front. The track bar bracket will be so high that i think it will touch the frame while flexing.

What did you do, accept the possibility of touching the frame, run a different angle to the drag link and sacrifice bump steer or run a shorter track bar?

Please help :helpme:

Nobody? :anon:

Sorry, I don't have any experience with making a custom trac-bar. Can I ask what kind of tires those are though?

XJoachim said:
Nobody? :anon:

Last thing you'd want to do is use your track bar for a bump stop. This is one problem where the factory inverted "Y" really helps out.

I'd gusset up from the spring pad to the top of the control arm bracket and then weld a C-channel section to the front of that to provide a double shear mount. This assumes you have room without tie-rod/drag-link interference at full lock.

xj92
Those are 37 x 12.5 R 16.5 Wrangler MT/R Military i.e. Hummer tires :D

MaXJohnson
No i sure don't want to use my track bar bracket as a bump stop. But if you look at the height the drag link is now and i go for a perfect geometry of the track bar the bracket is so damn high that there is just about 4-5" before the top of the bracket hits the frame.

Should i make the track bar bracket shorter so it doesn't hit the frame or should i place the bracket more to the center of the axle i.e. to the other side of the UCA bracket?

Length and angle both matter. You need to get close to the same height as the knuckle mount and as far to the right side as possible. I wold be more concerned about the large difference in length than the small difference in height. You can also try to locate the chassis side of the trackbar further to the left side to help add some length.

Thanks, thats what i wanted to hear :D because that is what i thought i would be the best. I will shorten the track bar axle bracket about 2 inches and see what happens. :dunno: :D

Back