• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

External Cage Help?

Letterman

NAXJA Forum User
so I just got my first XJ for $500, and it runs!
I will be putting on an external Cage soon, so if anyone has any thoughts or plans or photos. Or any what NOT to do?

photos of why I only payed $500
MikeFlop.jpg

what it looks like on the under side
MikeFlop3a.jpg

top side
MikeFlop6a.jpg

a few scraches
MikeFlop7a.jpg

the last owner was not so Happy with it!!
MikeFlop02a.jpg

straighten the sheet metal.
I am going to try to keep it as streat leagle as posible, I just got a new windsheild for it and hope to get that in this weekend.
That all depends on the rain.

No, I´m not gonna let you tie those straps around my waist and light my pants on fire.

The Ten Commandments For Rolling Thy XJ
1. Thou shalt curse mightily into the wind.
2. Thou shalt curse the unholy ground where thy rolled thy XJ.
3. Thou shalt listen patiently to thy wife curse for rolling thy XJ.
4. Thou shalt ask thy friends to help pull thy XJ into an upright position.
5. Thou shalt always bring a trailer to haul thy broken rig home on (just in case).
6. Thou shalt call thy insurance company and tell them thou hast rolled thy XJ after swerving to miss a cow or horse or something.
7. Thou shalt immediately begin planning thy next wheeling trip.
8. Thou shalt monitor E-bay and message boards dutifully everyday for replacement parts.
9. Thou shalt brag to thy friends about how thou came only inches from meeting the Lord of the Jeeps.
10. Thou shalt take many many photographs of the horrible event to post on NAXJA .
THE ONE THING THOU SHALT NOT DO:
Thou shalt not cry like a little bitch over busting thy XJ in front of thy macho buddies!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha!!! "last time i hire spotters from Labor Ready"

MikeFlop02a.jpg

I think it was "MY DAD IS GOING TO KILL ME!" the kid is only 17, his dad made him sell it. (to me for $500 oh and I am the idiot in the hat, and that is my TJ in the back ground)

Letterman said:
Jes did not think the damage was so bad
MikeFlop4a.jpg
"come awwwwn, why can't you just pull them pants down a little more."

BTW, How did he roll it there, going too fast, not paying attention....doesn't look like there was much action going on at that part of the road.

MikeFlop4a.jpg

Hey, I'm sorry... I thought when you agreed to come out with the West Coat "gettin it" crew, you knew what that really meant. We're not just about 4 wheelin :guitar: (dualing banjos in background)

Back