• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got lift on, Now It's got a RAKE

mark268

NAXJA Forum User
ok, I got my lift on the 87 xj. it is sitting with a pretty nasty rake.
Front:
3" rough country coild
2" daystar spacers
JKS disco's
Rear
3" Rusty's spring pack
1.75" daystar shackles

Nothing major in components, but now she has a nasty rake. Maybe nearlt 1.5 inch or more difference. Enough I can notice just looking at the side. WIll the spring pack settle to even out?
Maybe the spring pack I have is 4" or so? Sent the wrong ones?
Oh.... hum. I love jeepin'!

It seems to be pretty common that leafs give more initial lift than what they're labeled. Some manufacturers also assume an extra load in the back of the jeep that will bring it down. Taking it four-wheeling and flexing it real good a few times may help.HTH

Yeah, Rusty's packs tend to do that. Are they the heavy duty ones? I got those from him a while ago and I think there is probably still 4" in the rear, even after a 65 lb bumper and tire carrier and 31. But thats okay, everyone knows rakes are cool! :cool:

If your realy needing to get rid of the rake go get some 1.5"coils spacers should do the trick. I would advise using a strut spring compressor to get them back in after you install the spacers. The leafs will settle a bit but will still bbe a rake for sometime

I already have 2" spacers in front as it is, I don't want to go putting more in.
I will just give it time to settle, throw a spare in and tools, see what I have then. I may be glad it has somewhat of a rake after all the gear.
Thanks guys.

Back