• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case talk.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok I currently wheel a 94 xj chopped and beat on xj with an AW-4 203/205 D60's and 42" SXII's. I'm going to be getting a 96 5 speed xj that is chopped and a better built cage. Trying to deiced a direction on the transfer case. I love the strength of the 203/205 but not the fact that they are 1.98:1 low ranges and to flat belly an xj you loose a lot of room for seat mounts. I'm probably going to switch to the North West Fab Black box eventually. The new jeep has a 231 in it stuck in low range. Looking for options besides Atlas that are reasonable to put behind the Black Box.. Not interested in a 300 for 2 reasons. They need to be flipped and they are not as strong as people think they are until you upgrade everything. That all being said who has run a dual transfer case set up with no breakage? What options are there for t cases besides the 205 for shear strength on a budget in a dual set up? Would really like to hear from people with real world experience.

Glen you should order one built and ready to go, will make it easier on those wheeling w you.:D

Glenn are you trying to run 42s again behind the 4.0?

Yes. Only difference will be the 5 speed. Lower first gear and maybe the black box.

Black box/Atlas and be done with it, that's my plan when the 6.0 replaces the 4.0

Why not just order the bigger atlas and be done. It's only $3400!

Glen you should order one built and ready to go, will make it easier on those wheeling w you.:D

Funny. :peace:

Any experience on the 241 here?

Back