• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires tires tires

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so when I put together my XJ over a year ago I put 07
c6614a008a396d3d49250a779670462d.jpg

to 11 JK Moab rims with Duratrac 255/75/17 with not quite 4 inch lift. Well I've made changes and at about 5 plus lift. I'm looking at 285/70r/17s. I found a new tire Milestar Patigona M/T prices are very reasonable. I went to my local tire store. They told me to buy The Hercules M/T. ( I don't think he was a dealer for the Milestar tires) anyone know anything about the Milestar tires. I know a friend of mine who has the Hercules and liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of Hankook Dynapro MT's on mine and love them. They are great all around tires. The only drawback that I have found is that they don't have the cool, gee-whiz, tread pattern as some others, but for what they are, they work great. I bought them a few years ago while I was researching tires and came across this article.

Fourwheeler magazine tire test

Tire reccomendations are like trying to sell beer in in a liquor store. everyone has a favorite. I am partial to Coopers, and have had bad luck with Goodyear and BFG. just my 2 pennies.

I have run many many tires including the following (and I am sure I am forgetting some):
bfg ats
bfg mts
torn turds (3 months)
irocs
procomp mt's (worked good but blew a sidewall on the road and they refused to warranty)
Boggers
and MTR Kevlars

Best hands down tire in the 33-35" range are the kevlars. I have bought several sets for several rigs because they are so bad ass.

I would probably be willing to try a Hercules tire. Probably not in an MT for off-road use, though.

I would not be willing to try a Milestar tire.

In my experience, cheap m/ts are bad in every way, on road and off, and the difference is not subtle. There may be a bargain out there, but it is a big risk. Tires are hugely important; I say save your pennies for a known model.

Paul

Back