• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plz Help Quick!!

Assuming everything else is good, check your toe-in. If your steering is at a nasty angle, and you're using an inverted 'Y' steering setup then you may get DW when after hitting a dip or otherwise changing toe from the steering & suspension cycling.

The only times I've ever had DW it was because my toe was out of whack. (And that's with bad TBs, LCAs, UCA bushings, bad angles & everything else my Heep has had.)

You should only have about 1/8" toe-in at the front, ie: the front measurement should be 1/8" less than the rear of the tire.

measure the distance between the front of the tires and then the distance inbetween the rear of the tires. these should be equal in distance or like vintage said 1/8" toe in.
toe in it the tires are pointed tward the middle of the front bumper toe out is where they point away from the middle of the front bumper. this can be adjusted with the trac-bar. Let us know your measurements.
DIG IT!

Toe-in is the distance between the front tires. Measure betwwen a common point of the tires (could be inner sidewall, could be centerline of tread, doesn't matter but muct be a common point), about a foot off the ground, both ahead of the axle and behind the axle. The difference is the toe-in or toe-out.

If the dimension ahead of the axle is larger, you have toe-out. If the dimension behind the axle is larger, you have toe-in. Ideally, it should be between zero and about 1/16" toe-in.

Caster angle also affects DW -- did you get an alignment after installing the lift? If not -- you should have. If so -- what are the numbers?

I would guess your arms are short. But I ran fixed lowers from RE for about a year with 6.5" of lift so the toe in is a problem and I would also check the tie rod ends. When these go they can cause some DW. I just replaced mine and that really solved the problem. I haven't even had it aligned yet. Getting done on Sat. Juice

Tell them you want a print out of all your numbers that way you can post them here and some one can point you in the right direction.

Toe and castor angle are two of the major things that help control DW.

Check the toe and castor angles.

If I am not mistaken most 3" lift control arms are the same length as stock. At 6" of lift I do not believe you can get close to stock castor spec with stock length LCA's.

With this assumption I would guess that the castor angle is off and you need longer LCA's to get it back close enough to spec to control the DW.

Michael

Back