• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO 3" short arm lift kit with new leafs

richslezak

NAXJA Forum User
Wow I just spent three 10-12 hour days installing this kit. I live in SoCal but am from Boston area. My XJ has been stored during the winter by previous owner however still had rusted seized brake lines. I already did a budget boost when I got the XJ IN 2008 and had installed shocks. I thought it would be easy to do the lift since done the worst parts. Well I spent half a day just trying to remove the rear shock bolts. What a fpia. Couldn't cut em cause the angles would not allow for the cutter. I ended up using iro bpe's so this problem is solved for future shock replacement. Had to run new brake lines which took a while too and then when I was bleeding the brakes the fronts were clogged. No air or juice was coming out. Somehow after much frustration cursing and a cold beer I noticed the bleeders were bleeding. It was over I was finally done. I am greatful for my friends kindness to let me use his shop to do the work. At first I was under the impression that I would help him out with the lift but when I got there he said. There's your spot, here are my tool, get going. I have much respect for mechanics who have to deal with foul weather cars as so much crap is rusted rotted seized. I'll update with bunch of pics.

As promised here are few pictures of the build. I need to go back this weekend and go over all the bolts and retorque them. Got some popping sounds coming from the control arms.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

No more dealings with upper shock bolts

image.jpg

Look how rusty those brake lines were. Had to run new ones on both sides

image.jpg

Next is to get a set Goodyear mt/r 31's

Got it, with the stock drag link? I'm fairly new to the steering components on the XJ so I can't quite spot whether or not it's stock or HD.

Yeah its stock, usually accompanied by a drop pitman arm. I think there is a few HD drag links but stock is just as good. You can always use a drag link for a V8 grand Cherokee, it's a little more HD then the stock xj.

Yeah its stock, usually accompanied by a drop pitman arm. I think there is a few HD drag links but stock is just as good. You can always use a drag link for a V8 grand Cherokee, it's a little more HD then the stock xj.

Thanks for the info... That's a minimum of $200 I don't need to spend.

Back