• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did I do, need to adjust the arms?

jeepdreamer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running the RE adjustable upper and lower (short) arms with drop brackets. 3.5" springs and ACOS. I cracked up the ACOS to gain about another 1.5 inches and now my tierod/drag link are making contact with the passenger side sway bar bracket.
Do I need to adjust the arms.? It was fine before messing with the acos, no bumpsteer/death wobble, no clearance issues....
Thoughts??

I thought drop brackets were only recommended for over 4.5" of lift? PLUS you have adjustable control arms? Everything I've read is that with 4.5" of lift, drop brackets, you use stock length control arms. I think you want even less length than stock length to move the axle back enough. Is that even possible with your adj. CA's?

5ca4d3e377ac8f7e33f92d04cc97bd66.jpg
1015db6bc320fbc6a448f10ed96fb754.jpg
3fad408812da98d48396d35c655f5982.jpg

Bring the arms back to 16" eye to eye. You can use DB on 3" of lift... Or ditch the sway bar.. They're overrated

But bringing the arms to 16" which should be as small as they go iirc will get you what you want. Maybe at the sacrifice of rubbing the inner wheel well

Drop brackets on a 3" lift, you might have to bring your arms in more than 16" on the LCAs. I thought most drops were for a minimum of 4.5" lift ? at 3" you can run adjustable LCAs

Are you running/planning on running your sway bar? If so, grind the front of the sway bar mount a bit, or R&R with aftermarket mounts.
If not running the sway bar, cut then off and forget about it.
I do not have any issues with my sway bar mounts running my DBO mid-arms axle stretched forward.
I plan on running CAD brackets on my MJ with 4" or less lift, I want to have the tire centered in the wheel well at ride height, and decent CA angle.

Back