• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From 30s to 31s: tweak OME, or new suspension?

jjnavarro

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey NAXJA!
I'm getting my XJ ready for Moab in the spring. After OX lockers, re-gear to 4.10s, skids and a few other fixes I'm onto tires. I want to go from 30s to 31s.

My question: what to do with my lift?

I currently have an OME lift I got from DPG with an added OME AAL in the rear which gives 2.5" in the front and 3" in the rear.

If I go to 31s, I'd buy new curved LCAs and keep my stock wheels.

My question has 3 parts:

1) should I change my spacers in the front to net 3"
2) should I change my spacers in the front and shackles in the rear to net 3.5" front and rear, or...
3) do I just need to get a new 3.5" kit

Regardless of which way I go, I'm getting a SYE.

By the way, I'm disconnected in the rear and have jks quick discos in the front.

Thank you!!!!

If you want to weigh in on tires let me know too...I'm torn between mt/rs and the new bfg t/a ko2.

Last edited:
Don't mess with it, just run 31s. Any old tube lca will be fine. Or skip the arms and go wheel. Def don't go 3.5 to run a 31 though

31's should be fine with the current lift height. If you are running stock lowers, I recommend at least a set of WJ lowers.
But, if you want to lift more go for it.
I have not run the new KO2, but have zero issues with my MTR-k's
Considering selling my used set on ZJ Canyon wheels if interested. 31x10.50R15
At least half life left. I just do not drive my XJ much, and when I do its mostly pavement, so I swapped my worn Dueler A/T 963's back on it.
I run JK wheels on my MJ or I would have considered tossing them on my MJ.

Back