• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Single or double ended ram...need input

BENZOMATIC

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm going full hydro steering on my build. I'm a cheap bastard so I'm leaning twords a single ended ram setup due to price and ease of packaging.

I've installed a few PSC double ended ram setups over the last few years and have been very happy with the results.

I have never driven a rig with a single ended setup. I am aware that with a single ended setup my turning speed will differ from right to left.

My question is this... if I use a 8"x2"x1.25" single ended will there be a NOTICEABLE difference in turning speed?

Anyone out there with a single ender that wish they would have sprung for a double ended setup?

I know with a single ender I wont be able to use a load reaction orbital and I'm ok with that. I don't need it to self center.

This is all getting installed on a waggy 44. I'm using the stock knuckles so no high steer arms and I feel I would better protect the ram by moving it above the axle centerline which is easy to do with a single ender. If I ran a double I feel like I'd need to use high steer arms to get the cylinder up and out of the way...and that shit costs $$$

Any input is welcome.

Back