• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy Pitman Arm

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
I did the WJ conversion and added an Artec truss with over the axle track bar bracket. For the frame side I used the Ruffstuff outside the frame mount to get the track bar the same length as the drag link. The Ruffstuff mount doesn't drop down as far as some of the others, so to have the drag link parallel to the track bar I need a less drop pitman arm. From some searching, it seems the options (I haven't measured how much less drop I need) are the CJ, waggy (I'm guessing these are full size waggy arms), or the YJ/TJ from flat to 1" less than stock XJ.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to pick these up locally from typical auto parts stores or do I need to order one.

Also, if anyone is running the Ruffstuff outside the frame track bar mount, were you able to get a sway bar to work? I have a few options on the axle side to weld on the mounts but I get interference with the mount.

Something like a specific pitman arm is going to be easier to find online. I do not have a suggestion for the swaybar.

IMG_3853-800.jpg

From L to R, stock CJ pitman (straight) arm, a stock YJ/TJ arm (2.5" of drop), a stock XJ arm (3.5" of drop), and finially an aftermarket XJ arm measureing at 4.5". This aftermarket one is from rusty's and should be pretty close to the drop from a ZJ arm.

That's one of the pictures I found online. The other had a waggy arm inbetween the cj and yj/tj one.

Back