• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift dilemma

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
Ok just picked up a 2000 XJ sport.it has a Procomp 3 inch lift with complete rear springs not add a leafs. Overall the ride is kinda hard. My goal is 4.5 inch lift with 255/75/17 tires. Going to run bushwacker flat flares.do I replace the rear shackles and better rear shocks for the rear. 4.5 fronts coils and matching shocks and other matching components or buy a complete lift kit from a manufacturer I have used on previous XJs I've had.

Personally I wouldn't lift it any more, just trim up what I needed.

But you could get by with shackles in the rear depending on the height you want and new coils up front. Then throw in some nice shocks.

New springs are going to take time to soften and settle. Before you make changes give it some time. But coil spacers and longer shackles can give you the inch you are looking for...

Well I decided to junk the Pro comp front springs and control arms . Went with Synergy 4.5 coils and there control arms. Really nice components. Also doing a shackle relocation for the rear. The rear springs are not pro comp but Rubicon.

Back