• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone using offset coil buckets?

PowerRam1987

NAXJA Forum User
i'm getting together parts for a 60 swap and the only thing i'm not sure about is the coil buckets on the axle. i was wondering if anyone is running coil buckets offset to the rear? i'm thinking that would accommodate a slight stretch without the bowed coils. i already have that issue with the adj short arms i'm getting rid of for 3 link. my only concern is too much down force to the rear instead of centered over the axle. i was looking at the ruffstuff brackets
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/COIL-OFF.html

With that amount of beef, and good welds do not see why it would be an issue. I was considering running the RS offset coil bucket/LCA brackets on my D30, but I ended up with a decent non-disco axle. I gotta fix the axle seal leak tho.
These heeps are nevereending.

if youre still running a stock steering box with some sorta crossover steering setup, the problem youll run into is interference. with my coil buckets straight up on my 60, my pitman arm and links wouldnt allow me to push the axle that extra inch or two forward. that and your trackbar could cause clearance issues as well. mock up axle position and check clearances before you burn it home.

Yeah i'm running a YJ box in factory location and i'll be using crossover/highsteer. I figured the axle can't go forward much more than it is but i could eliminate the slight coil bowing i have now. I would be mostly worried about the trackbar hitting the diff cover under compression it seems like

If you run the coil buckets directly on top of the tubes you can get about 1.5" of stretch(maybe more) without bowed coils. But any more and you start having steering clearance and track bar issues.

I thought I had mine pushed forward as far as I could, but on a hard landing the trac bar sheared the head off the top bolt on my dif cover, guess I was a 1/2" too far forward.

You can fix track bar issues with a custom frame side pan hard mount. Steering is a bit harder especially one you run a longer pitman arm.

I know, but I had it dialed so everything just cleared. Haven't changed anything even after it self clearanced. Steering just clears, waggy pitman arm hp 44 axle.

If you run the coil buckets directly on top of the tubes you can get about 1.5" of stretch(maybe more) without bowed coils. But any more and you start having steering clearance and track bar issues.

Agreed.

Don't forget to space them a little wider as well, it's worth it.

Back