• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cowl intake mod

rage_blue

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got some pics of cowl intake mods? I'd like to put the air filter in the cowl if its possible. I'd to get a snorkel, but the fender mounted style just wouldn't last on my rig.

Been done a lot. Look at bottom of this page for related threads and use the search feature. Plenty of writes ups and pics already here.

I found the spectre one, but I want to build my own. The stuff I found searching used the factory air box to hold the filter. My jeep came with a cold air intake system from air raid so I don't have the parts to do this, and I want to get the air box out of the way.

'Don't know if I'd get the spectra kit. Haven't looked over the XJ kit closely, but I think it used the same filter/filer housing as their TJ kit. That filter is way to small unless you want to be servicing/changing your air filter every 2 weeks.

Unbolt the plate thats mounted to the firewall and the assembly slides out. Undo the hose clamp and the filter is free. Takes about two minutes each direction.

Back