• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can/should the balljoints be adjusted from crown nuts??

GoBlue

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed upper and lower spicer joints in my 2000, and I dindnt really pay attention to a torque specification (though I read somewhere that its 75ft pounds???) I tightened one joint more than the other it looks like, and differences in measurements are minimal if even that.

I measured from the top to bottom of the joint, and it didnt move, and then from various positions between the knuckle and the axle. On the top joints, one is maybe 1/8" or less difference between the two, but thats really all.

Can this throw off my alignment, or wear my tires differently, etc.? Thanks!

There is no adjustment of ball joints. Torque them to the correct specification, not too loose, and not too tight.

your probably noticing a a difference in the in clearance due to the tapers being off in the knuckle?? i just did my ball joints and torqued everything up correct, but looking one side of the axle to the other, it looks like one knuckle has seated deeper than the other, could give you the idea that some joints have been torqued more than the other, but in my case, it was mostly just built on friday knuckles where someone or some machine ran the taper reamer a little deeper in one knuckle than the other.

my old ball joints seated the same as my new ball joints.

Back