• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slave cylinder catastrophy

SmallFry23

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, so i have a 91' with a ax-15 and i replaced my clutch this weekend, and after fighting with stripped bell housing bolts and a seized pilot bearing i go the new pressure plate, clutch disk, pilot and slave reinstalled. I bled the clutch line for about 30 min untill new fluid was showing and the lines were under pressure but my pedal did not have any pressure. i could shift through all gears while pressing and releasing on the clutch pedal simultaneously. i cannot recall if i released the plastic retaining tabs that hold the new slaved compressed, or is it possible they did not release therefore not allowing the bearing to function correctly?

cheers

AS I recall, the plastic will self-destruct, as designed. I think you still have air in the system.

i did the 1 2 3 hold bleed trick, and just a single pump and bleed for a good 20 minutes and when i cracked the bleeder it shot out a good 7 feet. ill bleed it some more though.

I finally got fed up bleeding my forever and just pumped the shit out of it for 5 minutes till turned to foam with the bleeder valve closed, then let the foam in the MC defoam, added fluid to top off the MC, and did it again. After doing that 4-5 times, I ended a days worth of futile bleeding! LOL I had replaced the MC, steel tube line, and SC on mine. It also may help the manually operate the SC to the extremes of movement a few times in the middle of the process (Back it off all the way manually, as the air limits the movement back and tends to trap air in the SC during bleeding!!!!)

Back