• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dex III in my Fuel

Gonepostal

NAXJA Forum User
My kid thought he was doing me a favor. He added a nearly full quart of Dexron III to my fuel. :cry: He is seven and just thought he would help daddy out, can't fault him for the nice thought. I really don't want to drain a nearly full tank. :tears: I looked up the MSDS and it contains about 1.5% zinc. Does anyone know if this will this kill my catalytic converter?:(

Thanks....the stock converter is working just fine and until today has not been abused. I'm thinking this might be a good time to get that highflow cat and a cat back system on the XJ.

Thanks....the stock converter is working just fine and until today has not been abused. I'm thinking this might be a good time to get that highflow cat and a cat back system on the XJ.

See your son did help you out.You always wanted this setup right?
But it won't hurt it to run it thru.

Probably about the same as Marvel Mystery Oil, keep topping up the tank (with gas) to dilute the mix.

See your son did help you out.You always wanted this setup right?
But it won't hurt it to run it thru.

Yeah now if I can just figure out a way for him to "accidently" ruin my my old Savage hunting rifle so I can get that second Weatherby I've been eyeballing.

Try driving around the block 500 times to burn it off. :)

(Got an old Winchester Model 70 featherweight)

Won't hurt it. I have heard of folks running tranny fluid in their gas to off set the ethonal.

I like your avatar, thats a pretty good perspective!

Try driving around the block 500 times to burn it off. :)

(Got an old Winchester Model 70 featherweight)

Got an old model 70 featherweight in 270 and newer one in 375 H&H. What I'd really like is a Barrett in 50BMG.

I do need the drill press or better yet a Bridgeport mill.

My kid thought he was doing me a favor. He added a nearly full quart of Dexron III to my fuel. :cry: He is seven and just thought he would help daddy out, can't fault him for the nice thought. I really don't want to drain a nearly full tank. :tears: I looked up the MSDS and it contains about 1.5% zinc. Does anyone know if this will this kill my catalytic converter?:(

Get ready for some smoke, and no carbon on the chamber walls/piston head. AFT breaks that stuff up like you wouldn't believe. It's commonly used in the rotary world to unstick apex-seals from rotors, just smokes like a Vegas junkie.

I would top the tank off, and keep doing so as mentioned before to keep the mixture diluted more and more.

... and I love my savage. I like the odd looks at the range when I spin off one barrel, spin on another, and keep shooting :D

Shouldn't hurt a thing. I'd be surprised if it smokes much. As mentioned, dulute it once an again. Dex/Mecron is the only thing I use for 2cycle oil around the place. It turns the gas red for easy identification of mixed vs unmixed fuel :D

-Ron

Someone at my work said he walked into the living room one day where he found his young kids "washing" his tv. They had a bucket of soap and car sponges I think and where washing the tv down like it was a car. He said water was just pouring out of it and was behind the screen glass even.

He flipped out on them, not because of damaging the Tv but because of water and electricity = bad.

Back