• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raising a 242 - Part 2 (How-2 with pics)

Thanks! Be on the lookout for a similarly detailed write up on how to keep your ABS when swapping in a D44 rear end. :shhh:

1.: ZJ disk brackets redrilled to fit, and center enlarged.
2.: axle flange cut to accept ZJ ABS sensor
3.: Axle shaft milled to accept ZJ ABS tone ring. press on fit. mill the tone rings large first to keep material removed from axle shaft to a minimum
4.: Rubicon D44 retainer plate drilled to correct axle bolt pattern for correct depth for seal. or use terraflex spacer rings. also drilled to accept ABS sensor
5.: longer e-brake lines (terraflex)
6.: ZJ ABS snesors just plug in under the rear seat

drums are probably easier, but i did a disk conversion on mine. YMMV

I'm bumpin this thread back to the top because alot of the RC long arm runners are having issues with the drivetrain drop. This should help them out. :)

Since it seems this thread has been referenced at least a few times lately (that I know of) I thought I'd add an update. Not really much to report. I've had the Delrin spacers in there for over a year and a half now with zero issues. No cracking, melting, splitting, or deterioration of the spacers. No thumping of the transfer case against the transmission tunnel, even when crawling. No unusual wearing of the mount or other related parts. No shifting or linkage issues. All in all, I'm still very happy with this mod.

Since it seems this thread has been referenced at least a few times lately (that I know of) I thought I'd add an update. Not really much to report. I've had the Delrin spacers in there for over a year and a half now with zero issues. No cracking, melting, splitting, or deterioration of the spacers. No thumping of the transfer case against the transmission tunnel, even when crawling. No unusual wearing of the mount or other related parts. No shifting or linkage issues. All in all, I'm still very happy with this mod.

Do you happen to have more delrin laying around?

muddeprived, you going to the RC trailcut on 2/28? If so, I'll see what I have for scrap in my storage unit, I know I've got some assorted plastic stock just not sure if it's the right size. I got it free, so I'll just shove it in the "stuff for RC trip" box and hopefully remember to bring it.

Back