• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Lift Kit Advice For my XJ

xtremeff_12

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have recently joined. I used to be the owner of a 95 xj country with a 3in RC lift. Had to get a new xj though, kinda screwed the last one up, i wont go into details :roll:. Anyway my first jeep i didnt do no modifications to it, i.e. steering components, LCA, UCA, brake lines, etc. With my new xj, well new to me, i am planning on putting the lift kit off my old jeep onto my new one, along with 1.75in coil spacers, and 2in blocks in the rear. It should put me at about 4.75in front and 4.5in rear and I will be running 32x11.50x15. What I mainly want to know is if i need a control arm drop kit to lower my CAs? I know ill need a TC drop(cuz they dont make a SYE for the TC i have) and possibly longer brake lines. I dont abuse my rig alot, just the occasional trail and hunting vehicle, not very much extreme offroading. Mainly use it as a daily driver to get to work. And even though the 3in lift got me to go where i wanted to id like to have it a little higher and bigger tires :D

there are hack n taps for the 242, or tom woods can custom machine the imput shaft ($400 core, iirc)
at 4.75", you dont NEED drop brackets, but they will make it ride better.
does your 3" kit have an aftermarket trackbar? you'll need one at 4.75"..

stock swaybar end links wont work at that height, and the little drop-block rc sells with their 3" kit is garbage.

33's is usually considered too much for stock steering, for me, i think 32's are too big for the stock stuff... carry spares.

you will need longer brake lines, get some oem lines from other vehicles to fit, think dakota/yj

that lift kit i bought was bout 3yrs ago, all it came with were frnt springs and add-a-leafs and the hardware. other than the actual springs and tires everything was stock. everything worked great. no steering problems, alignment issues, TC problems, etc. and i beat the crap outta that old jeep

im do not much on suspension components on vehicles, i know more about engines than anything else on a vehicle. so any help on how to get and where to get the parts i need to make this right would be helpful, thanx

Back