• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finally peiced together lift just have a few questions

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
so I finally have pieced together my lift but im not sure if I want to just lift it 3inches of 5in

I have 3in procomp coils
stock leafs with pro comp 3in add-a-leaf
I have upper and lower adjustable control arms rubicon express
I aslo have a set of procomp fixed lower control arms(dont plan on using)
I have a transfercase with sye installed and was planning on using a XJ front drive shaft(might not install if only lift 3in)
i have procomp shocks that came with the lift

I figure since I have the control arms and the SYE i could lift the jeep another two inches with 2in coil spacers and 2in shackles

Will i need a drop pitman arm if i got 5inches? what issues will I have with stock steering setup

and will I need to extend the front brake lines or can I just relocate?

is there anything I am missing?

no matter which you chose... id add an adjustable track bar and extended brake lines to your list.

steering angles will need to match the track bar. if you go with something double sheer you may need a drop pitman arm. no one can say for sure on your application until it is installed.

I have a fixed track back(think its rubicon express) that came with the arms

i plan on doing something with the steering just not right away, I was thinking WJ high steer but it wont be for a few months

LA's or DB's if you go 5"!

if you drive this everyday it's going to ride like <POOPIE> with 3inch coils and the spacers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That won't casue a bad ride, not having DB or LA will though.
my red jeep has 3'' coils and 2'' spacers with upgraded lca and the ride is fine.i would find a way to skip the add a leaf and get a new rear pack. if you go 5'' you will need to think about new brake lines and at three re locating will work fine. don't forget about the front sway bar.the rear you can just throw out. if you have a 97+ you might want to put in the t case with the sye even at 3''. i would do it just cause you are getting dirty anyway.

Last edited:
my red jeep has 3'' coils and 2'' spacers with upgraded lca and the ride is fine.i would find a way to skip the add a leaf and get a new rear pack. if you go 5'' you will need to think about new brake lines and at three re locating will work fine. don't forget about the front sway bar.the rear you can just throw out. if you have a 97+ you might want to put in the t case with the sye even at 3''. i would do it just cause you are getting dirty anyway.

I have a sway bar disconnect that came with the 3 in lift.

I plan on putting in the sye at some point just not right away
and i cant really find a way to skip the add a leaf.

eventually I will get a new set of spring for the rear but I just cant afford it right now..

Back