• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express monotube W/RESI 29-17.2 S/L

blistovmhz

NAXJA Forum User
Someone stole the hoses between the shock body and reservoir last night. Turns out RE is out of business (at least for the time being).
I think I can fab up some new hoses and fittings, but the shocks are going to be missing some fluid. Does anyone have a service manual or something for these, or similar RE monotube shocks with remote reservoir? XXXX this is bouncy. I'm going to die. I'm moving 1200 km through the mountains in 2 weeks so I really need shocks :)

Sorry I'm not much help, but who the hell steals reservoir hoses? That just doesn't make any sense... :dunno:

My question exactly.
I can think of only one type of person who would do this. Someone who, like me, just had their remote res hose fittings stolen. But how'd it all start? It's turtles all the way down I guess.

A local shop says they'll take a look but suspect these can't be rebuilt.

that is messed up!

a hydro power shop that does industrial applications should be able to match fittings, length and hose for that... that would be a place to start

it doesnt matter, if theyre unserviceable, how you gonna re-charge em? you dont need a fancy 'hydro power shop'(?!?), any AN hose place will do. basically anyplace that can build custom brake lines.... BUUUUT it doesnt matter...

thats crazy, i wonder if the theif knows theyre not serviceable?

im glad canada is low on violent crime, but i didnt know the ugly truth.... shock reservoir hoses just are not safe up north...

Back