• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another 5.7L conversion question.

hobbsar

NAXJA Forum User
Searched but did not find the information I was looking for.
I have a 350TBI, 4L60E, and NP241 ( I think but don't flame me for having C.R.S.) out of a 93 Suburban that I am going to put in my 90 XJ.
I have already got everything covered as far as radiator, mounts, lift and driveshafts. ( I build driveshafts for a living so if you guys have any questions in this regard I can try to help.)
I have learned here that the truck exhaust manifolds will not work without a good deal of chopping of the frame which I do not want to do, but that some cars had manifolds that would work nicely.
Now before anyone says it, I know that block hugger headers would be the first choice, but I am trying to do this out of the junkyard as much as I can not only am I a cheap S.O.G. but I like to use junkyard stuff as much as I can.
So which manifolds would I be likely to find at the local salvage yard that would work? Maybe Caprice or Camaro manifolds?

Camaro manifolds should be fine. I tried similar truck manifolds and the drivers side was fine but the pass needed alot of work to fit. So I got block huggers which fell in.

Yea I think any exhaust from a 83-01 camaro or firebird should work fine.

I believe the 80's monte carlo manifolds also will work they are the same style and design as the camaro, also they have the smog provisions in them if you need to pass emissions or you can just plug the holes with pipe plugs.

Last edited:
Back