• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spending a Grand! $$ Need Advise..

1SYCRYD

NAXJA Forum User
ok I have a 97 Cherokee sport and have been looking at lift kits for days and reading reviews.. I was sold on a rubicon express but that is no longer the case (duh).... I have read good reviews on the "Rock Krawler 4.5" Kit" there are 2 kits to choose from and I would like your input on which one would be good to get.. Also if this kit is a POS please let me know before I send them the the cash for the kit.. Rock Krawler and OME seem to have good reviews but OME kit seems to be more expensive.. What do you think.

XJ 4.5 SHORT ARM KIT #1

RKXJ45SAFS_01.jpg

SKU: RKXJ45SAFS
Suggested Retail: $949.00

The Rock Krawler 4.5 Short Arm Flex System comes complete with everything you need to fit 32 Inch tires underneath your XJ. This system uses double adjustable/high misalignment front lower control arms and an adjustable/high misalignment front track bar made from solid alloy steel. No weak tubing to bend or break for the ultimate in performance and durability. Adjustable front sway bar disconnects with long travel stainless steel brake lines are included to enhance the off road ability. The rear utilizes a 2" full length add a leaf to help control greater unsprung weights and help out tired old leaf springs. To complete the lift in the rear a rugged 2" billet aluminum block and u bolt package does the rest. This system is simply the best value short arm system for XJ's on the market and comes with our exclusive abuse proof lifetime guarentee on all hard parts!
System Benefits:
-Complete Bolt in System
-Excellent Highway Ride and Handling
-Allows for 32 Inch Tires
-Limited Lifetime Warranty
-Upgradeable to long arm system

System Includes:
2 linear long travel front springs, 2 full length add a leafs, 2 front high misalignment/double adjustable lower control arms made from 1.625" solid alloy steel, a high misalignment/adjustable front track bar made from solid alloy steel, front track bar bracket made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel, front adjustable sway bar disconnects, 2" rear blocks, long travel stainless steel brake lines front and rear, u bolts, hardware and detailed instructions.

Kit #2:

XJ 4.5 X FACTOR SHORT ARM SYSTEM

RKXJ45XFSA_01.jpg

SKU: RKXJ45XFSA
Suggested Retail: $1,199.00

The Rock Krawler 4.5 X Factor Short Arm System is an extremely versatile and great performing short arm system for the XJ. The front coils are dual sport tuned linear long travel coils. The rear add a leaf and adjustable heavy duty boomerang shackle assemblies do an excellent job of providing the lift in the rear. The lower control arms are double adjustable with 1" shanks joints featuring Monster Flex bushing joints for the frame connections and Monster Krawler joints at the axle for great articulation and overall off-road performance! The front upper control arms are single adjustable with 3/4" shank krawler joints at the frame connection. The front track bar is adjustable so the axle can be perfectly centered. The control arms and track bar is made from solid alloy steel. No weak tubing to bend or break! To greater improve off-road ability we include adjustable front sway bar disconnects and a complete long travel stainless steel brake line kit. Rock Krawler provides all this great off-road performance while not sacrificing any street ride or handling. This truely is a great short arm system for XJ's!
System Benefits:
-Maintains Factory Rid Quality and Handling
-Unparalleled Off Road Ability For An Entry Level System
-RTI 650+ on a 20 Degree Ramp
-Allows for up to 32 Inch Tall Tires
-Limited Lifetime Warranty
-Easily Upgradeable to Any Other System

System Includes:
front coil springs, adjustable front track bar made from 1.25 inch solid stock, front track bar relocation bracket made from 1/4 inch thick laser cut steel, adjustable front sway bar disconnects, rear full length add a leafs, (2) adjustable heavy duty boomerang shackles, new u bolts, hardware and detailed instructions

Last edited:
LINKS NO WORK. but it seems both the 4.5, and the 4.5 x-factor lifts both come with add-a-leafs for the rear... which is lame, especially that high.

i would go with rk for days before i even considered ome, ome is for girls, AND theyre foreigners.

IMO I would look for something that has a full leaf pack not an add a leaf. From what I have been told the add a leaf will flaten out quicker than a full leaf pack. Again this is just my belief.

wow..

to each their own.. For $1200 you can have full leaf packs and a 3link front from IRO..

Last edited:
Add a leaf, blocks... no thanks.

Add a leaf, blocks... no thanks.

I agree. I have had the 6.5" long arm kit for a few years now and have been very happy with it but then again i got full leaf packs and shackles. You might all them to see if you could get a full leaf pack for a 4.5" kit instead of AAl and or blocks.

Craig

If I were you I would get a long arm right off the bat. Neither of those rock krawler kits have them. I know that rough country has their new long arm kit out. I would go with that, or similar. I mean, lots of people have long arm kits out now, but for the money you were going to spend I'm sure could get a kit together with the roughcountry long arm. Others are more expensive.

Personally, I would piece together your own kit... maybe the rough country long arm, some 4.5" coils (everyone sells their own, so just pick ones with the spring rate you want), ome 2" full leaf packs, HDOR shackle relocation brackets (1.5"), one inch lift shackles, and shocks of your choice.

Only problem with that is all the little things like sway bar disconnect, extended brake lines,, and so on. But I think the benefits out weigh the draw backs.

Longarms for 4"+ are best, and a pieced together lift will more than likely be cheaper.

Have you thought about a slip yoke eliminator? Might want to if you're going with 5+ inches of lift... don't wanna be the guy that makes you spend more money, but a sye would be a necessity at that amount of lift. Might be able to get away with just a t-case drop if you were going 4.5". Shoot, I have one you can have if you pay for shipping. But most would say 4.5" would be pushing it. Really, I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news haha.

I went with 4" so i could wait to do the S.y.e. anything higher and id plan on doing s.y.e. now if not soon.. I would highly reccomend D.P.G. offroad .. Best customer service ive had from any company in any buisness..
I went with super ultimate 4" O.M.E. kit and it was a little pricey but was most complete kit i could find..
It had extended bumpstops for front and back ..extended brakelines front and back .. quick discos.. cables for tying up discos when disconnected... adjustable trackbar.. new l.c.a.'s.. Full leaf packs.. and man the O.M.E. stuff just rides so nice if your a D.D.
It comprised of almost all O.M.E. and JKS parts with some small stuff like Brakelines and u bolts from R.E. So all comprised of "good quality components"

*Edit* because of the price though i had to wait and save for a few extra months because i was looking in the same price range as you origionally but decided if im only doing this once i should wait and get what i thought to be the BEST for my needs..

Last edited:
Back