• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can you run stock lower control arms @ 4.5" on an XJ for a little while?

the lower control arms on stock are straight, and the 4.5 are angled, i tried and it would not even bolt up, they are not long enough, i may have been doing it wrong but im confedant that i am right that it cant be done, even mountable, my lower control arm now is about 6' longer then before plus angle.

my RE arms that came with their 4.5" super flex kit are only 16". stock lowers are 15" (or 15.5". i cant remember.). it can be driven fine. the problem will come with flex, as the control arms will bump the mounts they are in. the RE arms are offset and clearance to work with the stock axle brackets.

and adjusting camber may be a problem. i cant say for sure.

the lower control arms on stock are straight, and the 4.5 are angled, i tried and it would not even bolt up, they are not long enough, i may have been doing it wrong but im confedant that i am right that it cant be done, even mountable, my lower control arm now is about 6' longer then before plus angle.

your lower control arms should be nowhere near 6 inches longer then stock. maybe an inch longer then stock at the most

I would pull the front driveshaft. My buddy was running 6 inch coils on stock arms and he ate a u joint. Ride was very harsh, but front driveline angle was really the only issue.

Is the lift already on? Or are you antze to get it on without all the needed parts?

Back