• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tired suspension fix

nrwphoto

NAXJA Forum User
The rear suspension on my 98' XJ is getting a bit tired and loves to us the bump stops over speed bumps and large pot holes, even when empty. The rear springs are fairly flat with just a hint of inversion showing on them. On level ground and unladen the center of the wheel wells to ground measure 31 3/8" rear and 32 1/4" front. I am running 30x9.5 Goodyear Silent Armor which rub on turns. It is suppose to have the Up Country package as well, it does have the extra skids and the all important sticker but but the suspension seems to sit a bit low in my opinion. In a perfect world I would install an OME system, but can't currently afford. So the question is what you guys recommend? I have a free set of mystery leafs I could swap in that are still in plastic wrapping that look and measure identical to stock but have no ID numbers of any kind to actually know what they belong to. Or I could install a budget lift, was thinking boomerang shackles or some other grease able shackle. What is the best idea, and how much lift do I need? I am on a budget currently so only looking for a year or two of use out of it. Thanks in advance.

Personally I would just rebuild your leaf pack that you have now adding one of the smaller leafs should get you the height you are looking for with keeping the ride quality. This can be done fairly cheap. Good Luck

Back