• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chrome plating connections?

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well I bent my chrome plated tie rod on my rig right now and to match my draglink and trackbar I will need to chrome my spare tie rod. Anyone have a connection in this industry??? I know chroming aint cheap!!!!

Well I bent my chrome plated tie rod on my rig right now and to match my draglink and trackbar I will need to chrome my spare tie rod. Anyone have a connection in this industry??? I know chroming aint cheap!!!!

Just Say No!

you could always just paint your drag link black for cheap:gag:

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

You need to surrender your man card.

Even if you feel like you need some bling, suspension and steering components are not the best place to put chrome. The chrome plating process can lead to hydrogen embrittlement and make the parts more prone to cracking and premature fatigue failure.

Stop it with the played out pop trends. Just say it in plain English, "Ijust wanted something pretty after so much flat paint".

I have one you can buy pre-done but it is anodized hot pink, is that OK?

I have one you can buy pre-done but it is anodized hot pink, is that OK?

Thats perfect for him !

icon10.gif

I used it at a winch point to rotate my axle and it bent. Guess its not very strong tubing. Maybe I will paint them pink for breast cancer awareness. My other crap was chromed from the guy I bought the linkage from so thats why I was even asking. Everything is going semi-gloss black, then im killing myself and donating jeep as a raffle prize for next year.

I'd just paint it with whatever color paint is the first I see on the shelf and call it done.

Paint on the bottom of my XJ has one purpose... keeping rust away.

Back