• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Greens (my build up)

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
well ive decided to kinda get a little thread for this thing going.

this spring i traded my ZJ straight across for another XJ.

was a bone stock 96 classic in great shape.

heres how she sat after i put my Moabs and 31" a/t's on
34682775.jpg

right away i bought a used lift off a guy i knew. Just a mixed lift of rusty's coils and leafs, rancho shocks, adjustable uppers, and fixed lowers. Tossed on longer brakelines, soft 8's and 33" km2's
9b1a4b3c.jpg

after a good detail
01a8ba02.jpg

then i made a stupid decision, and ran Liberty trail with no sliders and tore up the rockers pretty good
b5820255.jpg

so i thossed on some sliders my friend built for me
5b75848b.jpg

then i picked up some snazzy beadlocks and wrapped em in the km2's
8dd6cae0.jpg

82232ad1.jpg

then the first real use of the jeep came, dropped the first few waterfalls on indy
a57fd8cf.jpg

5585315c.jpg

and i realized how much i hated these BFG's, so i bought my old allied beadlocks and kevlar mt/r's back :D
d9eb4b3c.jpg

and the little 5-1/4" lift clears the 35's just fine
df5d5df7.jpg

then tired of my damn stock looking jeep, i decided to try my first hand at some fab work and built a front bumper

1/4" plate mounts, and 1-1/2" .250 wall DOM

33d4b055.jpg

3cdb09ba.jpg

0ff1e606.jpg

b0c562de.jpg

all finished up
fd95c612.jpg

cbc7e58e.jpg

1f7b1661.jpg

4beba615.jpg

then was the next big step for the jeep, droppin all of Indy, bunker hill included
55b46162.jpg

09e77c5a.jpg

a6b42ec4.jpg

2f55df95.jpg

unable to make the turn due to weak stock steering it was time to upgrade

enter full heim/DOM steering
afc7f527.jpg

its 3/4-3/4 heims with misallignment inserts making it 3/4-5/8

last mod so far was ditching my destroyed motor mounts for the Brown Dog offroad mounts i got at COFest
e175b67e.jpg

and here installed
3debc1ac.jpg

the difference in noise, vibes, and overall fel is amazing, its like a whole new jeep..cant complain at all.

up next is finishing the front bumper and installing winch, then building rear. 1/4 guards with LED lights and 4pt. cage are going in this week

other misc. mods are:
redtop battery
IPF headlights with fatboy bulbs and harness upgrade
welded rear
aussie locker up front
warn diff cover
trab bar drop bracket and heim trac bar
cone air filter
gas tank skid

Last edited:
Never saw anything about gears....stock gearing???

yup stock gears for now (3.55) and ya it sucks a bit on the trail, but the 23 mpg i get on the freeway on the way to the trail is super nice. so im thinkin about just doing a 4:1tcase for the time being.
(i plan on building different axles some dumping money into the 30/8.25 is just nonsense to me)

what speed/rpms are you running at to keep the 23 mpg?

well got another project knocked out today, home brew 1/4 guards w/light boxes and led lights. Lamely painted to match the rest of the bolt of shtuff

375432e0.jpg

still need to finish bolting down (thats why it looks crooked) and have a hatch clearance issue that a grinder should make quick work of

nice transformation, looks good

Are your quarter guards flat of were you able to put a slight curve in them. Metal thickness?

just some recent action shots of it at COFest....

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

just a shot i like
DSC02140.jpg

the lady drove it, even got a wheel up on it :thumbup:
DSC02156.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

Back