• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP with power windows, it may rain soon

98XJClassic1

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i got in my 1998 jeep cherokee classic today and rolled down the window (power windows) and once i went to roll it back up it wouldnt go up... i took the door panel off and can slide the window up manually, when i push the up button it just makes a whining noise and nothing happens. it also seems nothings even connected to make my window go up but i could just not understand power windows.... anyone have this problem? please help it might rain today.

oh and i said i pushed the window up but i can tell its not lockin in when its up cause i can tell if i hit a bump the window is gonna drop right back down

put a wood block in there to keep the window up.

yea obviously, but i need to know if anyone has an idea of what could be wrong dude. not some redneck quick fix. seriously no one on here can help?

now i can get the window to go down with the switch but it pretty much drops down in the door then when i push up it takes a couple seconds then starts to go up

put a 2x4 in there for the time being. it sounds like your window regulator is done. there's a test for it but i don't remember off the top of my head. same thing happened to me when it was 5* outside. the regulators are kind of pricey and 2x4's are not so i stuck with that. good luck

well the window goes down but it really seems like the "worm screw" is pulling out of the regulator, cause the window drops down, but now when i get it up it will stay up and doesnt fall idk this is driving me crazy

unless there is damage to the track which it doesn't sound like i would think it's the regulator. there are repair kits i've never used them but it sounds like it would work. http://www.steigerperformance.com/ let us know what you find out and if you end up going with a kit like this let me know if it worked i may use it on mine also.

yea obviously, but i need to know if anyone has an idea of what could be wrong dude. not some redneck quick fix. seriously no one on here can help?

Well you're the one afraid of it raining on your precious little XJ. I gave you a temporary solution to keep the window up until you figure out how to fix the window. It's not a redneck quick fix either.

Redneck is duct-taping saranwrap to the open window ya jackwagon.

Had to use the GEICO reference. :D

LazersGoPEWPEW;245006609[I said:
Redneck is duct-taping saranwrap to the open window ya jackwagon.[/I]

Had to use the GEICO reference. :D

ROTFLMAO!

Back