• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DOM tubing

out of curiosity, what for? thats thick, and BIG tube, too thick for cages, too big for steering.
IMS is where i go, but im overpaying and i know it.

For that small of a purchase, your best bet would be to order from a fab shop online. I have priced out DOM that size before from local steel shops and they always wanted more than what I could get it for online because the amount I wanted was so small.

Some of the online fab shops order in such bulk amounts, they can sell for a discounted rate compared to your local steel shops.

I believe Ballistic Fab sells DOM... There are a few others, but I'm dealing with a brain lock right now.

Yep, and Ballistic wants $14/foot. OUCH!!!

Luckily you aren't building a cage here :)

If you're building a 3 link, you're going to need around 12-13 feet, so you can see how much this will cost you online.

I get all my steel from Palomo's Steel in Long Beach. They have the best prices I have seen and I've been going to them for years. Give them a call tomorrow to get a quote for what you need as a comparison.

JJS Palomo's Steel Inc
maps.google.com
2102 E Curry St
Long Beach, CA 90805-3208
(562) 984-7505

Yep, and Ballistic wants $14/foot. OUCH!!!

Luckily you aren't building a cage here :)

If you're building a 3 link, you're going to need around 12-13 feet, so you can see how much this will cost you online.

I get all my steel from Palomo's Steel in Long Beach. They have the best prices I have seen and I've been going to them for years. Give them a call tomorrow to get a quote for what you need as a comparison.

JJS Palomo's Steel Inc
maps.google.com
2102 E Curry St
Long Beach, CA 90805-3208
(562) 984-7505
Thank you i will call them in morning!

awesome, thanks waxer, i'll give them a try next time as well.

if you have the liquid capitol, you could allways buy a full stick, and sell off what you dont use, it probably wont sell quickly, but im sure you could flip the cutoff if you have enough of it.

To be used for control arms on 3 link suspension..
I wouldn't use 1.75" OD 0.250" wall DOM for the lowers if that what your plan is.
I only have a few runs on my front and they have a slight curve in them (nothing worth replacing, just worth noting, about 1/8" over ~36") they are 1.75" OD 0.375" wall DOM.
My rear 2" OD 0.375" wall DOM lowers are holding up much better. When I redo the front ones, they'll be made from the same as the rear.

I wouldn't use 1.75" OD 0.250" wall DOM for the lowers if that what your plan is.
I only have a few runs on my front and they have a slight curve in them (nothing worth replacing, just worth noting, about 1/8" over ~36") they are 1.75" OD 0.375" wall DOM.
My rear 2" OD 0.375" wall DOM lowers are holding up much better. When I redo the front ones, they'll be made from the same as the rear.
The 3 link will be a mid arm, in the 20" range.1.75 x.250 will be plenty strong.thanks again everyone.

I love the remnant's area! Palomo's also has one. You can find some awesome deals in those. If you pay with cash at Palomo's, you get HUGE discounts on the remnants stuff. I'm talking 20' of 1" square tube .90 wall for 5 bucks!! No rust.. still looks new.

Back