• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think of a rough country longarm upgrade kit?

McJesse

NAXJA Forum User
My dad wants me to know what that longarm kit is like. I think it's a cheap way to get a longarm... http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_689U.html and then when i look at redrider2911's longarm kit... http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.ph...t=redrider2911 it seem's way strong, way better kit in general, but it is a little more expensive.

but if you think about it i think i'm getting a better deal $600+shipping & handling for the rough country kit and installing it myself........ OR pay $1200 for the stronger kit, thinking about $80 in gas back and forth and then getting it installed for $1200+$80 so about $1280 all together.

Let me know what you think i really would like to know what you guys have to say.

no that's what i'm going to do to finish it, get either one but idk which one..... i want to not get the rough country longarm lift but my dad just wants to know everyones opinion. i personally want to get redrider's longarm kit

I'd vote for the Rough Country kit between the two of those.

Personally I wouldn't put a long arm kit on it till you have the rest of the lift on and working. I wouldn't go to 6" of lift either.

IF you are set on a LA kit I would look at T&T (Naxja Sponsor).
Clayton also makes a great LA kit to consider.

Michael

Just installed RC's long arm last week, fairly simple install, functions great, oddball size drill bits needed is my only complaint so far lol

Thanks for your support guys... what kind of engineering background do you have scott to support your accusations? And saying a 3 link doesnt provide enough support to keep the axle from spinning? I can lock up my 35s on pavement going 35 and have zero issues.
And just so the facts dont get messed up, the 1200 wasnt just for the long arm upgrade, that would be ridiculous. Normally 700 for the long arm, 350 for the crossover steering, and 250 for the upgraded solid adjustable track bar and mounts. Bundled together for 1100 + 100 to help him out with the install. Find a better deal than that.

And this would be the new design that he would be getting
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1033400&highlight=redrider2911

Thanks for your support guys... what kind of engineering background do you have scott to support your accusations?

This of course, Is just my opinion.
:eyes:

opinion:
Meaning:

1 : a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something : what someone thinks about a particular thing [count] ▪ Why ask (for) my opinion if you have already decided? ▪ I value your opinion. [=I respect the way you think about things] ▪ We asked for their opinions about/on the new stadium. ▪ In my opinion, it's the best car on the market. ▪ Most of the people surveyed have a high/low opinion of the organization. [=most of the people surveyed think that the organization is good/bad] ▪ She has enough knowledge of the system to offer an informed opinion [=an opinion based on information] of why it isn't working. ▪ The meeting will give residents a chance to listen to some expert opinions. [=opinions of experts] [noncount] ▪ The owner of the store is often there to offer customers expert opinion. [=an expert's opinion] ▪ Which one is better is a matter of opinion. [=people have different opinions about which one is better] ▪ I'm glad that we can have a difference of opinion [=we can disagree] and still be friends. ▪ The general opinion is that the players are paid too much. [=most people think that the players are paid too much] ▪ The company has been unsuccessful in its efforts to sway/change public opinion. [=to change what most people think] ▪ Contrary to popular opinion [=despite what many people think], fame does not always bring happiness.
2 [count] : advice from someone with special knowledge : advice from an expert ▪ We're still seeking medical opinions [=advice from doctors] on the cause of the pain. ▪ My doctor says I need surgery, but I'm going to get a second opinion. [=advice from a second doctor to make sure advice from the first doctor is correct]
3 [count] technical : a formal statement by a judge, court, etc., explaining the reasons a decision was made according to laws or rules ▪ The article discusses two recent Supreme Court opinions.
be of the opinion : to have a specifed opinion or belief ▪ They are of the opinion [=they think/believe] that the accident was caused by faulty wiring.

Last edited:
Im sorry man if it seems like i just called you out but you have to realize that when you say something on the internet, even if you state it is just you opinion, lots of people take it as fact. When you are talking about something that a person might be putting under their rig and you say stuff like that, especially without anything concrete to back your "opinion", it can cause damage to peoples reputation. It can even be considered slander.
slan·der

   /ˈslæn
thinsp.png
dər
/ Show Spelled[slan-der] Show IPA
–noun 1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

3. Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

I just dont want my reputation ruined because someone said something that someone else said that someone else heard because they had a feeling or opinion that one of my products werent safe when they looked at some pictures they saw online.
I am not trying to be an a#* and I more than welcome CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, thoughts, and opinions. Just state it as a questions, thought, or opinion open for discussion and not a fact.

Im sorry man if it seems like i just called you out but you have to realize that when you say something on the internet, even if you state it is just you opinion, lots of people take it as fact. When you are talking about something that a person might be putting under their rig and you say stuff like that, especially without anything concrete to back your "opinion", it can cause damage to peoples reputation. It can even be considered slander.
slan·der

   /ˈslæn
thinsp.png
dər

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

I just dont want my reputation ruined because someone said something that someone else said that someone else heard because they had a feeling or opinion that one of my products werent safe when they looked at some pictures they saw online.
I am not trying to be an a#* and I more than welcome CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, thoughts, and opinions. Just state it as a questions, thought, or opinion open for discussion and not a fact.

:rolleyes:

Success-Kid-INTERNET-SERIOUS-BUSINESS-300x300.jpg

EDIT: I dont believe you have the right to complain, As you are trying to compete for business with ACTUAL paying vendors.

Last edited:
EDIT: I dont believe you have the right to complain, As you are trying to compete for business with ACTUAL paying vendors.

I am talking to sponsorship right now waiting for a reply. I realize it doesnt look good not even being in the red but I wanted to just become a sponsor instead of paying for membership then to be a sponsor. Political stuff ya know... lol

Interested, any more thoughts on the 4 link?

Workin on it, also tryin to put out a line of front and back bumpers and sliders with the choice of rock and reverse lights built in. Still working with alot of ideas. Anybody good at designing web pages? Becoming a sponsor/vendor is at the top of my list for now. I dont know how much I can talk about my business without going to far...

slan·der

   /ˈslæn
thinsp.png
dər

You've got your terms screwed up...and the biggest clue is contained within what you posted here.

What's the name of your shop over there? What kind of liability insurance do you carry for your fabrication/manufacturing business?

You've got your terms screwed up...and the biggest clue is contained within what you posted here.

What's the name of your shop over there? What kind of liability insurance do you carry for your fabrication/manufacturing business?

Froehlich Suspension Technology. I am obviously still working out some stuff. Im getting alot more business alot faster than I expected so Im still hammering out details. Im getting an actual accredited business license monday, and talking to Farmers Insurance after that for Product Liability Insurance. Do you plan on buying one of my products and doing something stupid with it or something? Dont tell me you are one of those guys that blame someone else for your stupidity...

And how do I have my terms screwed up? And what clues about what are you talking about?

Back