• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funny thud

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
Took my XJ out this weekend and played in some local sand pits. Will out I started to hear a odd thud/knock that sounded like it was coming from the drivers side front. I could not find anything wrong with the steering or susp., But I may have over looked something. I noticed it only when I was in the gas and mainly going up hill but not always. It did also do it in 2wd so I dont think it was my TC. I never really heard it when we were just trail riding ethier so Im at a loss.

My Xj has a 4.5 RE lift with rustys steering upgrade, running on 33 swampers.

Andrew

That could be about a million things . . . but one item to check is your motor mounts.

i have a thud comming from the drivers side lower control arm mount on the axle. its tweeked a little to one side and when the suspention articluates, it pops a little. eventualy i need to weld on some new ones.

Well I looked around and noticed that my driver side motor mount was shot. So I just ordered a set of mounts from brown dog offroad. Free shipping and about 25-30 dollars less then most everyone else.

Andrew

Ahem! Boy did I call that one or what? :lecture:

No charge. :cheers:

Back