• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar issue....

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
This has been bugging me for almost 3 years now.

I got a 3" full leaf pack lift from BDS. IT came with a track bar relication bracket.

Ever since it's been on the axle is a bit off to the right so when flexing or on road on big bumps the left shock crunches up against a bolt on the frame. The sway bar also taps the track bar bracket on bumps.

I talked to the shop that installed it and hundreds of others and no one else has had this issue.

My rig may have had the Up Country package on it so it would stand to reason that it also may have had a slightly longer track bar (?)

Could that be the reason it's off about 1 inch to the right?

Can't find what the stock vs upcountry track bar lengths are and if they're even different. I'm hoping they are b/c if not, I've got something probably more involved going on here.
Anyone know if the lengths are different? If not, what' s going on here?

Time for an adjustable. Sounds like its basically binding and thats no bueno.

It almost looks like the stock location on tha axle may set it right but I wonder, can I RUN a stock track bar with 3" with out the bar hitting the top of the axle bracket at full drop? The relocation drops the bar about 1 1/2" I assume to avoid this.
second: Moving the track bar over and up will require an alignment , right or wrong?

I ran 3" for a while without a trackbar relocation bracket and the stock track bar. Then I went up to 4.5" and had the relocation bracket and it would bind up pretty bad. It should be possible to run 3" with the stock track bar and relocation bracket though. Anyway, like Johnnie Walker said, get an adjustable. Those relocation brackets aren't the best...mine used to come loose all the time and it would get pretty scary driving down the road.

And yeah, that's why your axle is 1" off to the right. With the adjustable, you can fine tune it to get it centered under the jeep.

It almost looks like the stock location on tha axle may set it right but I wonder, can I RUN a stock track bar with 3" with out the bar hitting the top of the axle bracket at full drop? The relocation drops the bar about 1 1/2" I assume to avoid this.
second: Moving the track bar over and up will require an alignment , right or wrong?

It won't require an alignment but you might need to adjust the draglink to center the steering wheel. If you go up or down or change tie rods or parts, then alignment is needed.

get an IRO adjustable for your lift height but be careful to watch the dif cover if u buy the double shear bracket with it since it drops the track bar quite a bit. my bracket is hitting my coil perch and my dif cover....but that is my fault. lil more altitude will cure ne jeep problem right? :roll: i got 31 7/16 from center of axle hole to center of grease fitting on the stock one off my 90....dunno if that helps

Last edited:
Back