• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Package Recommendations

East_River_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I understand that this subject is pretty open to personal opinion but here goes.

I currently have a 92 XJ with a beat to death Rubicon Express 5.5 short arm kit up front and my leafs are also expired.

The body on my 92 has seen better days and I am in the process of picking up a 99 or 00 XJ to start over again.

I plan on taking my driveline, bumpers, winch, power steering, etc., basically all bolt on upgrades that I have on my 92 will find their way to my new project. The old body will find the junkyard.

I currently run 35's on a D30/D44 setup. A future axle upgrade is also in the works but I will be going forward with the D30/D44 setup at this time.

Looking at a 6.5 to 8 lift. I have read a ton of material in center of gravity and I will probably settle with 6.5. I have a sagged out 5.5 now so I guess 6.5 would be a noticeable difference.

Finally I'm to my question. Who has had the best experience with which manufacturer? I have been to every possible manufacturers web site and have become quite the insomniac trying to decide on which kit to go with.

Personally I like the one feature of TNT Customs application where the lower control arms mount to the belly pan at a point above the frame rails.

I'm not looking at price, I want quality at a fair price, I hate regret and doing things twice.

Thanks in advance and looking to everyones input.

jon

Yep, looked at this setup also. I just can't get my mind wrapped around the square bars. Just a personal thing. I've seen to many home built creations using nothing but square tubing - EVERYWHERE. Thanks for the input, anyone else care to express their feeling on the Clayton Off Road package.

Thanks ...

jon

My rear lower control arms use square tube. Given equal materials (HREW, DOM, 4130, whatever), for a given wall thickness and known loading, it is a stiffer shape.

Given that, why not order some fresh springs and use the lift you already have? Some nice leaf packs (Deaver?), some fresh RE or Skyjacker coils, and treat yourself to some Bilstein 5150s or better? The short arms with drop brackets work very well.

Search around for the ones your interested in. Pretty much every available lift for the XJ has been covered at some point here. :)

When my leafs go, I plan on getting some Deavers most likely so I can tell them my build ideas/plan and desired height and then have something built to match what I need instead of making my wants match what's available. Coils will porbably go to either Deaver again or DPG for his Trailgunner 5" coils. I'd stay at 6.5" preferably a little lower even. I'm at 5.5" with 33s and cut fenders and I could probably fit 35s easily and 37s with some extra bumpstopping.

Back