• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP DECIDING WHICH ROCKRAIL

dinorl007

NAXJA Forum User
i have searched and read the opinions on rockrails, most prefer AJS or JCR, i have to agree with the quality and mounting they are the best i have seen, my question is with using them as a step, i dont need them for protection, i need them to get my 6yr old in the jeepso for any one who has them which would work better thanks for your help fwiw i have a 94 xj with 4" lift ans 31's thanks again

CAPPPPPSSSSLOCKKKKK BOTH AJ'S AND JCR'S ARE NICE. FOR STEPPING PURPOSES A 6YO MIGHT HAVE AN EASIER TIME WITH AJ'S SUPER SQUARES.

CapsLock.jpg

My wife doesn't like my AJ's, so we order the stage 2 JCR's..She uses them to get in and out of her jeep..They stick out about a 1 to 1.5 inchs more than my AJ"S

sorry about the caps, i dont know what i was thinking, i realized it after i posted it, thans for the reply, any idea what the distance between the rails is?, worried about getting her foot caught

sorry about the caps, i dont know what i was thinking, i realized it after i posted it, thans for the reply, any idea what the distance between the rails is?, worried about getting her foot caught

2.5" maybe. its not huge but the JCR main tube is 2x3 as opposed to AJ's 2x2 so it stick out an inch or so farther than AJ's. Both are good options and are way cheaper than all of the "high end" sliders out there. I personally run JCR rails but i have to repair the drivers side one after a run in with a mercedes.

I have AJ's SuperRails on both Jeeps (3.5" and 5.5" lifts). I would ONLY buy rails that stick out like his SuperRails do, since that provides optimal protection against rocks. You will also be able to apply non-skid tape to the rear portion under the passenger door for your little guy.

ry%3D400

AJ's rails give you an extra bracket and bolt for the rear spring hangar. I don't think JCR's rails do. Problem now with AJ is he has projects on hold due to a fire, and that might be a problem if you want something now.

ry%3D400

I have AJ's SuperRails on both Jeeps (3.5" and 5.5" lifts). I would ONLY buy rails that stick out like his SuperRails do, since that provides optimal protection against rocks. You will also be able to apply non-skid tape to the rear portion under the passenger door for your little guy.

ry%3D400

AJ's rails give you an extra bracket and bolt for the rear spring hangar. I don't think JCR's rails do. Problem now with AJ is he has projects on hold due to a fire, and that might be a problem if you want something now.

ry%3D400

Good point man, Unfortunately AJ had a fire at his home so he's probably not going to be in good shape right now. JCR is also having a sale going right now with some great deals.

Oh, and for what it's worth, my AJ's rails on the blue XJ shown above are no longer round and purty thanks to the Rubicon.

These are still purty, though...

ry%3D400

If you want a nice high friction surface to use as a step finish the rail with herculiner rather than say, rustoleum. Herculiner also bonds really well to my rails, much better than rattle can paint. If you go this route you may as well save yourself some dough and get unfinished rails like the AJ's.

I love my AJs Super Square Rails. They stick out fine. Shorter people can use them better as a step to get in and out rather than a round outer tube. I like the looks of the square rails better as well.

thanks for all the input and suggestions, thats why i love this site, ask a question, get in answetr thaks again to everyone we have the nonskid tape and paint at work that i was going to use for more traction to step on i will try and get ahold of aj and see what is turna around time is thans again for the help

thanks for all the advice and responses, i just ordered th aj auper aquare rail,i sent him an e mail, he said they were up and running and should have another batch ready within 3-5 days in case someone else was interested thanks again

Another advantage to having rails: In a parking lot when some dumbass swings open their door without looking :D :D ... Your rails sticking out will quickly teach them a valuable lesson ... and you'll enjoy a good chuckle!

Both AJ's and JCR will work great and everyone is going to tell you the ones they have are the best. I have AJ's superrails.

For your application though, I hope your rig isn't too lifted. My gf is 5'4" and the outer rails just get in her way when she's trying to get in the Jeep. Plus, they are really too high up to use as a step. The only time I step on mine is when I'm trying to stay out of mud/water or I need to reach the roof. I usually hit my head on the doorframe too lol.

Another advantage to having rails: In a parking lot when some dumbass swings open their door without looking :D :D ... Your rails sticking out will quickly teach them a valuable lesson ... and you'll enjoy a good chuckle!

Haha, I love this. I'd love to see the look on someone's face when they get a huge dent in their door edge from my rock rails because they don't care about other people's property.

Back