• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up Country + BB - maybe not new thread

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
I did the search and found one thread. Bottom line was that if I add a AAL to the stock springs I still get the advertized lift with the UC +1.
Will I need a SYE on a 98, or is it vehicle by vehicle determiniation? I have an inexpensive 2"BB solution for the front which would give me a 3-3.5" lift over stock. Cheap solution if I don't need the SYE.

Anyone done this or know of someone who did? What other mods did they need to do?

At 3" you will need a T-case spacer or an SYE. A T-case spacer is a temporary solution until you can install an SYE.

At 3" you will need to do something about adjusting the stock lines or installing longer brake lines, addressing the track bar, install longer front sway bar links, buy and install longer shocks.

I am not adding 3" but 2" because it is already at 1" with the Up Country package. I did a 2" BB on my 92 without needing to doing anything.

I can just relocate the font lines to make them longer. the rears may need changing.

I am not sure if the track bar is already moved for the 1" Up Country from the factory or if they just did not move the location hole on the axle mount. I will measure against my 92.

Sway bar links might be 1" longer than stock. I will check that too. Need to add disconnects anyway.

Shocks are given.

T-Case spacer or SYE is the real question for me.

Given that I need to do some other work that will take it off the street for a time. I may just do the install and see what it needs.

UpCountry 1" + 2" BB = 3". 1996-2001 are more prone to vibes with a lift.

Back