• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crossmember

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I haven't posted in NAXJA for a while and since I'm in the middle of a 3 link front and 4 link rear (thread coming soon in adfab), I thought I'd post a quick question. Thanks to vetteboy, he confirmed that the stock tranny crossmember has the tranny adapter mounting holes offset approx. 1" to the driver's. My question is why? I noticed that the tranny adapter has the tranny mount offset to the side. Is that to keep the drivetrain centered between the rails? Or is it to commidate the front pinion angle? Or is it something else?

Thanks RCP Phx, that helps tremendously with the mounting holes location. I rushed my last crossmember (read first build ever) and wasn't sure how accurate I was with the hole's location I drilled. So is the difference in the tranny adapters? Or the tranny mount itself, JKS wasn't specific.

Its in the mount itself.

Back