• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody use control arm drop brackets

do a search for drop brackets. RE and rough country both make a set and many people use them. But do a search and you will find the benifits of long arms vs drop brackets...

If you do what kind from where and how much do they drop?

Look at a stock XJ;s front suspension. You'll not that the lower control arm is level to the ground. Lifting your jeep changes the angle of the lower arm. At lifts up to 3" there's a slight upward angle from the axle to the body. At greater lift heights the angle becomes more pronounced. The affect is that road virbrations are transmitted into the body rather than being absorbed by the suspension. The use of drop brackets returns the lower control arm once again to a level orientation at lift heights of 4-5 inches thus smoothing out the ride.

If you're running a short arm suspension and lift heights of at least 4.5", the use of drop brackets and braces restores a more factory like ride to your rig.

Very good explanation..i didnt know if alot of people use them if they were worth bang for buck or if there usually not needed.

I use them and love them. I'm at about 5" and they really improved my ride. Not to mention they let your truck flex great!

You can usually find a used set for less than $100. Totally worth it!!

nope, no one has ever used them. they will make your jeep fold like a taco.

seriously. this has been covered eleventy-billion times. searching will give you answers to your questions

nope, no one has ever used them. they will make your jeep fold like a taco.

seriously. this has been covered eleventy-billion times. searching will give you answers to your questions

agreed!

Also if you want to find them used. You can search for the drop brackets and you are sure to find a set that is forsale. Just look to the right and see what section it is in ;) And while looking for a used set you can read all the comments about them and the pros and cons to them. So please search!

I made a search and reviews seemed kinda mixed seemed more people liked them than disliked them i dont want to get some but think with lift i dont have a choice

Look at a stock XJ;s front suspension. You'll not that the lower control arm is level to the ground. Lifting your jeep changes the angle of the lower arm. At lifts up to 3" there's a slight upward angle from the axle to the body. At greater lift heights the angle becomes more pronounced. The affect is that road virbrations are transmitted into the body rather than being absorbed by the suspension. The use of drop brackets returns the lower control arm once again to a level orientation at lift heights of 4-5 inches thus smoothing out the ride.

If you're running a short arm suspension and lift heights of at least 4.5", the use of drop brackets and braces restores a more factory like ride to your rig.

They do more than smooth out the ride, They reduce the severe stress placed on the unibody caused by all the slamming going on after you go to 4"+ of lift with the standard LCAs.

I am at about 4.25" of lift & I can say the drop brackets were The best addition to the suspension of my jeep I have made!

They were a fix for my crap short arm angles, and I ended up liking them way better ride and flex, but saying that I wish I just went longarm first

Thats what im worried about is the arm angles they look severe to me and i have a short arm

They will do a fine job of fixing your angles and smoothing out the ride up front. I have rough country d- brackets and I beat my machine.

I'm running the RE with braces. The ride is great, handles like a stocker, and stuffs 35's on 5.5" of lift with no problem. Long arms have their advantages as well but I will never regret going with the drop brackets.

P1020171.jpg

P1020030.jpg

P1020031.jpg

Its a 96 Country with 190k on it.

I have a mixed bag lift; RE 4.5 SF springs front/rear. The rear also has the shackle relocation brackets and TeraFlex 1.5 shackles.

The front has; ACOS, Rokmen johnnie jointed UCA's, JKS Johnnie jointed LCA's, JKS Johnnie jointed adj. trac bar.

ill add to this

i added them after waiting a LONG time....i missed a few used sets, paid NAXJA price from the Rough Country guy on here...i think it was like 170...it sucked paying it when used ones were like 120-140...they definitly help. in a few ways....my RE 4.5" lift with 1" spacer flexed good before these things, and the first time I played with it after these I didnt even disconect the swaybar and it actually flexed so much it broke my brake line....it was a definite improvement!!!

they ride better too. My shocks are JUNK and my jeep rides decent....much better than most stock pickup trucks...except for the brand news ones

JUST GET THEM!!!!

Back