• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get extended brake lines

chris y

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i tryed search but wasnt lucky my lift will be optional to about 10 inches and im haveing trouble finding brake lines for front and rear most i find are only to 6 inchs anybody have suggestions?not saying i will raise it that high but it will be at least 8..thanks for any help.:peace:

http://www.universityofjeep.ca/techf.html

Just go to any autoparts store,

alternatively I was told (no first hand experience) that the late 90's to 03 dodge ram brake hoses work as well.
they are folded in half with metal clips, you cut the clip and then they are 28" long and bolt right up to the caliper.
There are different passenger to driver with one being much more expensive, I was told you need 2 of the cheaper ones.

Last edited:
OK Just a opinion here. At 10" you may find is way to high on a Cherokee unless you are mall crawling or doing mud bogs. For actual rocks and trail riding you will find yourself way to top heavy. Even the people with 7-8" will agree with me.

But as far as lines are concerned look at the mid 90's Chevy lines on the front (they are longer then the wrangler lines are), and mid 90's Dakota lines on the rear(I have plenty of slag left on these and I am at 5.5-6").

OK Just a opinion here. At 10" you may find is way to high on a Cherokee unless you are mall crawling or doing mud bogs. For actual rocks and trail riding you will find yourself way to top heavy. Even the people with 7-8" will agree with me.

But as far as lines are concerned look at the mid 90's Chevy lines on the front (they are longer then the wrangler lines are), and mid 90's Dakota lines on the rear(I have plenty of slag left on these and I am at 5.5-6").

+1000

this aint no K5 blazer! haha

5.5in lift + 33's and TJ brake lines would do the trick and be fully capable.

I think you mean YJ brake lines ;)

Thanks for help and all opinions are welcome..well the lift i bought is rc 6.5 so no matter what i have that much and i bought acos adjusters and iron man adjustable shackle so will be at 6.5 with option to be higher if wanting to and was hopeing to run 35,s wont be serious crawler,,could run 33 but thought from trying to get info they might be to small for that much lift.

here is an idea, i don't know what performance shops you have around, like i have summit racing north of me and jegs right down the street. but i got stainless steel braided line. connections for both ends. did the front and rear lines for under $100. they have links from 4 inches to 25. just a thought. if you can piece it together your self its normally cheaper. thats my 2 cents for you.

OP, i am running 35s with about 5 inches of lift. 7+ for 35s would be way too much. my 96 dakota 4x4 rear line is great and has plenty of slack left for flex. the YJ lines i have up front are to the point where they pull tight when flexed out with long arms

I know this is an old thread but better to drag up an old one then start a new one right? I went to NAPA to buy the Dakota line and they didn't have it. They made one up for me in about 15 minutes + they could have made it in the stainless braided lines for about $10 more. I wish he would have told me that before he made up my rubber hose. However, the rubber hose was $2 less than the dakota hose. Not bad and it is "cussed um".
BS01

I ran ~96 Dodge 3500 lines on my last XJ with 7" of lift and WJ brakes (the banjo is lower on the caliper) and had plenty of room to droop. They were about 9 bucks each.

if your looking for stainless braided lines, try sweetperformance.com
i had them make me some lines for my jeep and they were way cheaper than anyone. talk to dave, he is the owner. ive had him make me lines for all my toys and his stuff is top notch.

Back