• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ with flipped rear shock length?

Im running skycrapper shocks for an xj with 5" rear lift, off the top of my head i think they measure 25 ext/14 col. They seem to be a good length i have plenty of travel both up and down.

my buddy runs 8" 5150's, stock shackle SOA stock upper bolt mount, with a raised lower mount ABOVE the axle centerline. (backside of the tnt truss) if it wasnt semi-perma parked, i'd take a picture/measurements.

you get an mj crazyjim?

I've got SOA on my MJ, and it sits at about 5.5" I'm using shocks for a 3" lift, but I've got new shock mount tabs welded higher up on the axle. It works great.

IMG_1921.jpg

Where did you mount your shocks on the lower end with the flip kit since the stockers are mounted to the spring plate?

Mounted to the tubes using tabs that came with a ruffstuff simple swap kit.

SOA gave me about 6". i am also running 1" shackles. i dont remember the exact measurements, but i know the shocks were 11" strokes. im using warrior products shock mounts.
344945730.jpg

I know this is an XJ site, I'm just not on any MJ sites.

This IS an MJ site, Jim. ;)

Modified Tech Discussion (17 Viewing)
Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

I'm running the RE shocks that I did have on my XJ on the MJ, which is SOA with the lower mounts about at the axle centerline. So about the same amount of lift on both Jeeps. The shocks are a bit short in travel on the MJ. I need to get some better ones, but need to come up with the money first.

Last edited:
Hey Jim here is a pic of mine SOA with what i believe are 2wd springs that i bought used. My stock leaves were "frankenstiened" when i bought the mj. This pic is with 4.5 coils before i put my acos in. Thes are 33/12.50s
IMG_3111.jpg

Hey Jim here is a pic of mine SOA with what i believe are 2wd springs that i bought used. My stock leaves were "frankenstiened" when i bought the mj. This pic is with 4.5 coils before i put my acos in. Thes are 33/12.50s
IMG_3111.jpg
Awesome, that looks perfect for what I'm looking for. I've got a 2wd and want to make sure I won't be sitting stink bug with an RE 5.5 spring up front. Looks like I'll be fine.

Haha didn't even notice that. Thanks Johnny! How much lift did you net with the soa?

I netted about 5.5". It was sitting just a tad high in the back, so I swapped the MJ shackles for some XJ ones, and it leveled it out nicely. So I'm guessing that I'm at 5" now.

Jim i've got a set of XJ shackles i can bring you, along with that shift boot. If you want them as an option in case you end up sitting up too high in the back. They are about an inch shorter than the MJ shackles i believe.

Back