• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch lift, what size of tires with factory rims

x1995j

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I have been searching the forum and I cannot come up with a definite answer. I just ordered a 3" RC lift. It is in transit at the moment. When it arrives I plan on installing it. My question is:

While using stock rims what size of tire can I put on it without trimming fenders, and without having rub on the lower control arms?

Should I pick up some wheel spacers if I want to put on 31 x 10.5s? If so, what size of spacer?

Thanks

no spacer for 31's, 31's will fit great, minor steering stop adjustments will keep you off the control arms (not a biggie if they rub here, rc lower's are smooth and dont damage tires, you learn not to turn the entire way to lock)

in general, rubbing on control arms is a pet peeve of a lot of people, if it bothers you, run the correct equipment... (you know this)

i used to run that kit, on 31's, on stock tires, the only time it rubbed was when i let other people drive it, dont be a puss
(i even know how to keep the tires off the lca's, but was too lazy to fix it (really not that big of a deal)

i have that rc kit on my xj, im running 31x10.50 BFG A/t's on stock jeep wheels, there is no fender rub at all. they will rub on the lower control arms but only when your turning right. i still have the stock lower control arms. you'll be fine, just don't go crazy when your turning right. if you plan to keep that lift and don't want any tire rub. just get an aggresive 235/75/R15 and it'll look good with no loss of performance and no tire rub

i have that rc kit on my xj, im running 31x10.50 BFG A/t's on stock jeep wheels, there is no fender rub at all. they will rub on the lower control arms but only when your turning right. i still have the stock lower control arms. you'll be fine, just don't go crazy when your turning right. if you plan to keep that lift and don't want any tire rub. just get an aggresive 235/75/R15 and it'll look good with no loss of performance and no tire rub

if it only rubs when turning right then your axle isnt centered and you need a longer trackbar.

correct, i do need a longer trackbar, im just letting x1995j know what to expect if he keeps everything else stock besides the lift. but if i do replace that, will that eliminate the rub completly? the wheels will still steer the same distance, no?

If you were not so far away, I could sell you some aftermarket wheels with better BS.

WITHOUT getting into the 'does a 3" lift need a trackbar' debate, mine rubs both control arms, therego dont let people tell you that you need a trackbar unless theyve seen the jeep in person=)

Back