• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 v Dana 35

rweaver138

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I took the entire 5.5 RE lift off of a 2001 donor jeep, to put on my 99. When I was removing the leaf springs off of my 99, I noticed, to my surprise, that I have the Chrysler 8.25 opposed to the POS d35 :yelclap:. I also pulled the np231 out of the old jeep to swap in the 99 because it has a SYE and CV driveshaft. I know the pinion on the 8.25 sticks out a bit further. So heres the question, will the driveshaft that I took out of the 01 with the d35, fit in the 99 with the 8.25? I did some searching and only found results with a stock driveshaft and TC, no SYE and and CV driveshaft. Thanks guys!

im not totally sure as to how much further it sticks out, but i would think itd be negligible. i doubt chrysler would use the different axles (one was when th eother was in short supply) and make 2 different driveshafts. bolt it up and check. make sure you have enough spline length for compression. worst comes to worst you can get it retubed

Back