• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours Tail Bone

Haven't seen em in person but they look like they do the job.On my 89 xj I welded bars,internal braceing and beefed up the mounts front and rear with great results.I don't think they add any strength out side the mounts,but if you like the stockers could be a good choice.

They've kept the shop in 'back-log' status, I can tell you that.

Other than a couple of misfits in the begining, and the back-log status, we have'nt been contacted concerning any issues with the product.

Feel free to contact me if you have any direct questions.

I love mine!!!! I got the tilted mount. Put it on my '98 about 2 months ago.....

Best bang for the bux.....

Pros:

Looks good (retains factory look), sturdy, well made, well designed, SUPER easy to install, doesn't make noise (yet... We'll see), greasable....

Cons:
License plate relocate bracket... LOL!!! What were they thinking??

(No biggie. I just fabbed a bracket to mount my plate inside the spare.)

(Wait for the 3 pics to load)

Awesome product. Didnt take too long to receive mine even with them being on back log. Had a 31" tire on it for a while and worked great. I definatly recommend it.

Awesome product. Didnt take too long to receive mine even with them being on back log. Had a 31" tire on it for a while and worked great. I definatly recommend it.

How long is not too long? I waited 60 days for mine.

detours2.jpg

detours1.jpg

How long is not too long? I waited 60 days for mine.

detours1.jpg

bosco01xj, LOL! You didn't use the license plate relocate bracket?? The cops don't give you grief for having the plate covered?

I think I waited 3 weeks for mine, but they told me up front when I ordered it how long it would take.

bracket8.jpg

They told me it would be a few weeks... but 60 days? That's a little more than a few weeks.

When did the order/arrival take place? I know the guy who runs Detours moved in 2008, he's been up and running in the new location since September 08.

bosco01XJ's order was early on, Feb. 21......just previous to this time was about the time those before mentions 'misfits' took place, yes this obviously messed with the scheduling as we were starting to second guess things. The solution turned out to be very minor. I cant access actual ship date, if bosco says 60 days...it very well may have been...

This all took place in the very early portion of production, folks were very understanding and patient......(always appreciated) We do our best to live up to the aprox. time frame discussed at the time of order.

Mark/Detour

Mine took around a month to get, but I had already talked it over with Mark and knew the lead time. He got it to me when I wanted it though, right before I left for vacation.

That being said, I think I waited a little over 2 months for my Rigidco front bumper. That was well worth it, but quite a long wait nevertheless.

I've been running one of the prototypes for over 2 years now. It been holding up fine. It actually took a few really good hits this past weekend trying to get up some ledges. Still works fine.

I've said it before... it's a brilliant design.

When did the order/arrival take place? I know the guy who runs Detours moved in 2008, he's been up and running in the new location since September 08.

Ordered on February 21st. Arrived April 15th. Not quite 60 days. 53.

I've been running one of the prototypes for over 2 years now. It been holding up fine. It actually took a few really good hits this past weekend trying to get up some ledges. Still works fine.

I've said it before... it's a brilliant design.

Excellent to hear Ray, Frank updated me a few months back after I inquired.......If I manage to get ahead, I'd like to upgrade you to the final design which way surpasses that prototype. Thankyou again for your assistance, see you in the spring maybe!

Mmmmmm.......I'm sure we could do something with it, but unfortunitly it would need to be sent to us, it would need some beefing up and fabrication would need to take place here.

Back