• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" OME springs & 245/75/16 Duratracs.

Renegade360

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I'd share some info on my upgrades.
Stats
99 XJ
OME Light weight leaf springs from DPG.
Front RE 1 3/4" Coil Spacers
Front Bilstein 5100 shocks.
Rear Stock Shocks (need to replace)
Distance from stock fender flairs to hub center
Before Lift Front 17 1/2"
Rear 16 1/2"
After Lift Front 19 3/8" (1 7/8" net Lift including new stock isolator)
Rear 18 1/2" (2" net lift after install over 3 months ago)
AJ's Rock Rails
I have not trimed anything yet. I can see that I may need to in the rear, see second photo. I'm not sure If I'll have to trim anything in the front.
Tires are goodyear Duratrac 245/75/16
They replaced 235/75/15 on stock steel rims. I never had any rubbing issues with these before or after lift.
DSCF3046.jpg

DSCF3047.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3049.jpg

Nice. I just installed my OME suspension this weekend, and put the 245/75 Duratracs on as well. I like them so far, and it's nice because they are load range C, as opposed to E like most 245's. I dig your Jeep, man.

kinda off topic, but, what wheels are those?

245/75-16's are basically a 31x10.5... If you plan on stuffing the wheels off road... well, I had to trim (and bumpstop) at 2" with 31x90.5's, so, I assume you will too.

Nice looking rig.

These wheels came off of a TJ & I think they are called silver stars. Got all 5 and a spare tire for $100. The Tires are new c rated tires from discount tire. Cheapest I could find them and free shipping.

I've got no problem trimming, just don't have a reason to do it yet. I still need to se if I can flex it someplace to try and make it rub. Planning on extending the front bumpstops, but no reason to do it anytime soon.

Down here in South florida, the main issue is ground clearance. Get that thing up out of the water. Not many places that actually require any flex. Maybe a ditch now and then. I'm not much of a trail rider, not enough time to travel 200+ Miles for that. My primary offroad usage is for Hunting. Getting to and from hunting spots. The rest of the time Its a daily driver.

On the road there are currently NO rubbing issues. None or lower control arms, and none on any fenders going over speed bumps, or intering/exiting parking lots. So for the flat landers out there, 2" of lift with correctly backspaced wheels, will let you run 31x9.50s all day long.

Well finally had a chance to flex it a little. The Rear tires rubbed the bumper extensions where I thought they would, but tucked inside the wheel well no problem every place else, So I just need to trim in the rear a little bit. Any tips on just trimming the bumper extension and leaving the flares alone? Photos would be super cool too. It's only rubbing the bottom half of the black bumper extension. Fronts did not rub at all and tucked nicely with sway bar connected. I won't be disconnecting it as there is really no need for my use.

Back